Living a normal life in Skyrim?

MyNameIsAdam

Personally, I think it would be great fun just to start off living a normal life, like getting wife, a job, going to a tavern after work (getting drunk and starting fights of course) and so on. And then afte a while, maybe I'll spice it up a bit, join the Dark Brotherhood, become a secret assassin, or maybe just get too drunk one night and accidently kill my wife... harsh I know but I like making my own storylines :P obviously I'll get round to doing a load of quests etc, but I think this would be fun" Just make your own little stories as well.

Does anyone else think the same?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man, I sort of agree. (These are the things I'll do after the main Quest) I like to do the nerdy roleplay thingy to be honest. I will most likely sleep in my cabin during the nights and then early in the morning I will go fishing and chop some wood. After the work is done I will go and explore and hunt, maybe do a side quest, here and there. Start off with either the thieves guild or the dark brotherhood, become a vampire.

I know where you're coming from.

For example, when I was playing GTA IV, I was abiding by traffic laws, and just trying to be an overall good citizen of Liberty City. But one day, I was driving and some guy just would not stop honking at me. I got out of my car and shot him in the face. Of course there was a police officer like right there, and I got an adrenaline rush. I ran to my car and drove. That was the day I became Niko Bellic, killing extraordinaire.

I don't really have a point, but I've been in your situation before.

Having played the last few Elder Scrolls games, I predict you will start the game as a prisoner locked in the hold of a Nordic ship. Bethesda seems to have a thing for starting us out in jail for some reason.

Todd said that it's a great way to begin the roleplaying experience. Immediately, the player comes up with an excuse as to why their character is in that prison, whether they murdered someone or they were framed or something like that.

EDIT: Oops, pressed post by mistake.

Being a prisoner also allows the game to start you off with nothing more than the clothes on your back, because obviously, they wouldn't let convicts carry weapons around in prison, if your character gets released officially (Like in Morrowind.) they can always not return your possessions to you, and if you escape (Like in Oblivion.) then it's pretty easy to justify you not getting your items back, in the end, though, the game lets you start off with only what you can aquire at the beginning. I think its a good reason to start in prison.

Edited by MizerD

Having played the last few Elder Scrolls games, I predict you will start the game as a prisoner locked in the hold of a Nordic ship. Bethesda seems to have a thing for starting us out in jail for some reason.

Todd said that it's a great way to begin the roleplaying experience. Immediately, the player comes up with an excuse as to why their character is in that prison, whether they murdered someone or they were framed or something like that.

EDIT: Oops, pressed post by mistake.

Being a prisoner also allows the game to start you off with nothing more than the clothes on your back, because obviously, they wouldn't let convicts carry weapons around in prison, if your character gets released officially (Like in Morrowind.) they can always not return your possessions to you, and if you escape (Like in Oblivion.) then it's pretty easy to justify you not getting your items back, in the end, though, the game lets you start off with only what you can aquire at the beginning. I think its a good reason to start in prison.

Then this supports my prediction.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

I'll probably do that at some point. Just to see if YOU lived the Elder Scrolls universe. I did the same in GTA IV. Sometimes it's just nice to be.....well nice. :thumbsup:

The advantage to leading a normal life in Skyrim has got to be that you could never be late to work or late home with the 'Whirlwind Sprint' shout. Would probably work out better for people who wan't to roleplay a lazy man to-- oil lamp to far away? No problem! Dragon fire shout!

Annoying children asking for food? Fus Ro Dah!!!!! That's the only one I know lol.

The disadvantage being that noone will save the world from the dragons while you're cutting lumber at the mill....... I doubt Bethesda will include Chuck Norris or Christian Bale in the game to protect Skyrim for you to lead a normal life.

The advantage to leading a normal life in Skyrim has got to be that you could never be late to work or late home with the 'Whirlwind Sprint' shout. Would probably work out better for people who wan't to roleplay a lazy man to-- oil lamp to far away? No problem! Dragon fire shout!

Annoying children asking for food? Fus Ro Dah!!!!! That's the only one I know lol.

The disadvantage being that noone will save the world from the dragons while you're cutting lumber at the mill....... I doubt Bethesda will include Chuck Norris or Christian Bale in the game to protect Skyrim for you to lead a normal life.

Christian Bale pffft. Batman couldn't save Skyrim! Chuck Norris yes, he could do it with his beard alone. So long as you don't fiddle with the main quest dragons and such won't appear.(based on what has been said that's my speculation) It'll be like Oblivion, no gates until you go to Kvatch.

I'll spend some time living a simple life, earning money. Until someone comes to me, the only person to save their child from trolls. Then I'll become a great warrior of legend.