Living a normal life in Skyrim?

MyNameIsAdam

<snip>

Thank you!

If only they had the sense to give BethesdaGS $75mill, think we would finally get the continent of Tamriel....

Right! they'd proably stick to the lore then as well. Only problem is right....

if they had $75M and made the most awesome game, where you could play the full continent of Tamriel

my life would actually be over! Skyrim is going to steal god knows how many months of my life.

If i had the whole damn continent to expolre, that would be it. Live over! lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right! they'd proably stick to the lore then as well. Only problem is right....

if they had $75M and made the most awesome game, where you could play the full continent of Tamriel

my life would actually be over! Skyrim is going to steal god knows how many months of my life.

If i had the whole damn continent to expolre, that would be it. Live over! lol

I know it would be AWESOME. Strangely coming back to the topic== Normal Life would become Skyrim, the gaming time would be trying to balance your nutritional and health needs before plugging back in to "TES Everywhere"!

Meh, to each your own, if you enjoy that, that's fine. Personally I think, if I wanna experience normal life, I'll live my own. But I play games like Skyrim to escape to the fantastic.

I agree with this.

I want to slay dragons and be a hero; not run a job 9-5 like I do every single day!

Well what you described wasn't really a normal life.Normal people don't typically join secret societies where they get paid to assassinate people, at least not where I live.

But no, I would not want to live a normal life in Skyrim, not even if I actually lived in Skyrim.I can't summon demons and send fireballs from the palm of my hand and turn invisible and whatnot if I chose to live a normal life, and I really want to do those things.

I did that with one of my charecters in oblivion with an alternate beginning mod which delays the main quest, i was a peasent working and working my way up to nobility. Getting a maid (Eyja) and living a normal life. Then i spiced things up when he found out he was "magical" and could cast spells ;) so he joined the mages guild and became archmage (EPICZZZ!!)

I usually do things out of order. Mainly I do some of the main quest and then just go off and join some guilds, kill some people, turn into w/e options we have (hopefully werewolf) get married, and all that wood chopping and cooking i'd do during everything else.

Of course I think in Skyrim a normal life would be too simple, I'd always be off exploring and adventuring, it's good to be able to come home and relax, but a normal life? Nahhh I mean you have dragons chasing you........

Personally, I think it would be great fun just to start off living a normal life, like getting wife, a job, going to a tavern after work (getting drunk and starting fights of course) and so on. And then afte a while, maybe I'll spice it up a bit, join the Dark Brotherhood, become a secret assassin, or maybe just get too drunk one night and accidently kill my wife... harsh I know but I like making my own storylines :P obviously I'll get round to doing a load of quests etc, but I think this would be fun" Just make your own little stories as well.

Does anyone else think the same?

see, its the people like you that are going to get the absolute best from this game and then some :D haha i have also been in adventures like that :D

Having played the last few Elder Scrolls games, I predict you will start the game as a prisoner locked in the hold of a Nordic ship. Bethesda seems to have a thing for starting us out in jail for some reason.

Not to be that guy, though I'm totally gonna.

Devs have already stated that you're being led to your execution at the start of the game. Seems to me you'll start off on foot. :thumbsup:

Having played the last few Elder Scrolls games, I predict you will start the game as a prisoner locked in the hold of a Nordic ship. Bethesda seems to have a thing for starting us out in jail for some reason.

Devs have already stated that you're being led to your execution at the start of the game. Seems to me you'll start off on foot. :thumbsup:

I want something to blow up at the beginning of my escape. What better way to start the story than with some destruction?! >: D Mwahaha!

Edited by SynysterShadows1213

Whatever happened to good ole RPG standards like the son (or daughter) of the poor farming family who picks up the pitchfork to defend the village from some attackers and in turn is swept away into adventure? Or how about the good ole "you wake in a strange place and can't remember who you are" scenario? Hackneyed, sure. But starting every Elder Scrolls game as somebody's prisoner is getting a bit tired too IMHO. I truly believe that the devs have some sort of preoccupation with it.