Are you gonna jump right into the Main Questline on your first playthr

Violentguy

Well i plan on it but i doubt i will, i get distracted hellish easy, in oblivion my first time through i got to Jauffre looted the assistance chest and went off to fine some tavern girls :D

I didn't bother reading the previous answers, but here it is:

I REALLY hope it isn't stupidly obvious which quests are main quests and which are side quests. It's probably close to impossible to make the main- and sidequests completely inseparable (best word I could think of for this situation) but would be nice to have that in some degree, at least.

E: Just realized I didn't actually answer the question, I won't think about it too much. I'll go as I please, at least try to. After the first playthrough, I'll probably play the main quest once in a while to get something, items/armor/shouts/moneyz/whatever it might give you that side quests won't. Other than that, I'll try to do all the side quests I can. While doing random stuff, like killing things in the wilderness (or cities).

Edited by Nysba

I'll do as much as I can until I feel like doing a little bit of the main quest, then I'll probably go back to adventuring.

*Note-I don't go questing, I go adventuring. Like, dungeon diving and finding out what game mechanics my character can break. There's a little bit of questing in between, but I like to spontaneously just do whatever the hell I feel like doing.

I hope that the escape from my execution is not a part of the main quest. It would be nice to be able to do this part, and then stumble upon the main quest with the aid of Radiant Story. In Oblivion, I felt like NPCs never stopped telling you what to do. Protect the emperor! Take this to Jaufre! Save the emperor's son! Save Kvatch! and on and on and on... It's an open ended game, but the main quest sure didn't let you think so for long. If this quest is different, I'll be more inclined to work my way through it on my own time. :thumbsup:

I'll do as much as I can until I feel like doing a little bit of the main quest, then I'll probably go back to adventuring.

*Note-I don't go questing, I go adventuring. Like, dungeon diving and finding out what game mechanics my character can break. There's a little bit of questing in between, but I like to spontaneously just do whatever the hell I feel like doing.

whenever i feel like doing spontaous things in a game like this i almost always kill off a whole town, settlement, village etc.

I'm going to explore the world at my own pace. If the wind takes me through the main quest, then I will do the main quest. If a side quest captures my attention, then I'll do it. Whatever feels important.

This is a journey, not a do this / do this / do this mission based game. Can't wait to start mine :)

You generally get a few steps through the main quest at the beginning before branching out and doing other things. Besides, the opening of the game establishes the main quest and the tutorial usually follows the first few steps. Not to mention the main quest is the first journal update you get so you generally follow it until you reach a city where other characters start asking you to do things.