Not the Children

daventry

104 members have voted

1. 1. Those Little Brats

• I will Mod out the Children but leave a few as to not break the Game
    • I will Mod the Children to be Killable (Yea, something is wrong with you i see)
    • I will leave them be, those Adorable Immortals of the Game

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd said if you Kill enough People in a Town, you will be Hunted down as a Contract to Kill the Assassin (You)

Ok so a digital dragon eats a digital kid I don't see the problem
Me either, so why bother making Children if they are just gonna be Immortals anyway.

well if they don't add kids it ooks weird, kind o like in oblivion. without any kids around i had to assume that all npcs just spawn as adults. if they let kids be killable by default they would recieve a rash of s*** for it, and somebody would make the statement " Bethesda supports/promotes the killing of kids" which is ridiculus but somebody would say something like that.

I think that children should not be immortal. But Big penalty/bounty for killing a child is OK.

IMHO no one character should have been immortal against "player's hands". Against other cases of death, it can be good - a "quest character" can not by dead in random cases if occur.

Not because I should murder any taste all around, but on the contrary - the "quest characters" usually do not give a reason for the duel. And if duel occurs, it is almost always the player's fault. Usually Gross fault.

Are not you act reasonably? You will pay... Pay Hardly.

For example soured the game, inability to fulfill the quest, inability to achieve promotion, etc.

About the children of one more thing - children should grow.

Due to the time of the game - quite quickly, in time of the game world - in one year could grow from child to adult.

And they should also give to birth "new" children. Not much, on average one child per month or two per ten to fifteen adult characters, or so.

Edited by Semtex

I mean, it is a bit disturbed. Installing mods like Deadly Reflex, and mortal children. Walking around, decapitating children heads, nailing their hands to the doors with arrows, you name it. I don't think it's fun whatsoever, it's just abnormal. Let the kids have peace. I'm sure they will have their own purpose in this game, I think they will be essential for rumors for example.

I'm at least nor craving for children blood, I really don't understand why it's so important to you guys. It's not "just because you can" It's just wrong.

Edited by hejpadig

I mean, it is a bit disturbed. Installing mods like Deadly Reflex, and mortal children. Walking around, decapitating children heads, nailing their hands to the doors with arrows, you name it. I don't think it's fun whatsoever, it's just abnormal. Let the kids have peace. I'm sure they will have their own purpose in this game, I think they will be essential for rumors for example.

I'm at least nor craving for children blood, I really don't understand why it's so important to you guys. It's not "just because you can" It's just wrong.

FACT: kids are mortal just like the rest of us.

- i like options when i role play, if i want to role play an assasin who in his free time likes killing off the future of riverview then thats what im gonna do, only to find out at the top of my screen " Billy is unconsious..".

- it also adds realism to the game

I don't think anyone here wants to go around murdering children in specific. I'd like all the npcs to have the same "killable" flag because I don't want the immersion to break when I'm trying to protect a kid and come to find out he wasn't in any danger in the first place. There are far more disturbing-and I mean full on grotesque, completely vulgar- mods for Oblivion, but I don't tell those people that use them that they're messed up for using them. How another person lives their shouldn't be anyone's concern as long as they aren't putting anyone's life in danger.

Ok here is my opinion

1 children are weak so they should be immortal

I'm not saying killing the kids is right but like some one said what if your an assassin and your told to go kill the last remaining heir to a business or a large plot of land and a shady fellow wants that land it has happens several times in RL

2 like every one else says I found it extremely weird that my life in oblivion wich was roughly 65 years in tamriel's time I did not see one child and no one aged wierd

3 not on topic but while browsing through nude mods to show a buddy on FONV I was showing him how u can do about anything u want in these type games by mods and I did havethe killable kid mod and I I killedone of the kids in freeside and I looted him and because of the nude mod the child was nude I quickly uninstalled the mod but that was wrong on any level that's were I draw the line but you know there is some sick twisted creeper that will make that mod for him self

So I do understand the whole reason to keep kids un touchable but they should be mortal

Just because I install a mod that allows me to kill children doesn't mean I'm going to run around with the sole objective of killing children.

"It's not okay to kill people.

It's not okay to kill children.

It's okay to kill pretend people.

It's not okay to kill pretend children."

I'm sure Bethesda would have included their deaths, if they were 100% sure they wouldn't be labeled as children killers. Which they would.

But as soon as I mod will be released, I bet there will be media coverage of it. I can see it now:

"The popular Elder Scrolls game allows players to kill children, herp herp derp derp herp."

Non-gamers just wouldn't understand that it doesn't mean we want to kill children.

Just because I install a mod that allows me to kill children doesn't mean I'm going to run around with the sole objective of killing children.

"It's not okay to kill people.

It's not okay to kill children.

It's okay to kill pretend people.

It's not okay to kill pretend children."

I'm sure Bethesda would have included their deaths, if they were 100% sure they wouldn't be labeled as children killers. Which they would.

But as soon as I mod will be released, I bet there will be media coverage of it. I can see it now:

"The popular Elder Scrolls game allows players to kill children, herp herp derp derp herp."

Non-gamers just wouldn't understand that it doesn't mean we want to kill children.

It came for F3 and no one said a thing .. I think the media attacking games because of their modders is over .. Unless its coded into the game then unlocked like the hot coffee mod or the nude oblivion character models "ugly as hell btw" lol

Edited by jedimembrain

I also found the Fallout children annoying because of the invulnerability. I'll definitely leave the children in the game because Oblivion was a bit unrealistic with an adult-only world, but I guess I would make them kill-able if possible. Not for some sick, morbid reason of hacking up children but more so that they are also at the mercy of dragons and bandits making the game more realistic.