What is more important, Justice or Mercy?

marharth

21 members have voted

1. 1. Justice or Mercy?

• Justice
    • Mercy
    • Other (I will explain in the topic)

]

Dude. Your a good person, but you are a logic addict. we can go around and around with this circular argument till the cows come home, but it won't bring us any closer to closure. Logic is a good tool for deduction, but it is rarely used (unless you are a Vulcan) in real life situations. People are not rational or logical. They are emotional beings, trying to find a place in the Sun and possibly someone to share it with. You can continue on debating this, with someone else. I'd rather part here in each others good graces and I wish you luck and happiness in your life. Take care.

Trying to focus on emotion to drive how humans communicate and govern stopped science and development for thousands of years.

What do you think mathematics is? One of the purest forms of logic. Almost everyone has to use logic in their daily lives.

The question isn't very hard to answer, my put is that crime can be logical, and logic does not have to be for good.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]

Dude. Your a good person, but you are a logic addict. we can go around and around with this circular argument till the cows come home, but it won't bring us any closer to closure. Logic is a good tool for deduction, but it is rarely used (unless you are a Vulcan) in real life situations. People are not rational or logical. They are emotional beings, trying to find a place in the Sun and possibly someone to share it with. You can continue on debating this, with someone else. I'd rather part here in each others good graces and I wish you luck and happiness in your life. Take care.

Trying to focus on emotion to drive how humans communicate and govern stopped science and development for thousands of years.

What do you think mathematics is? One of the purest forms of logic. Almost everyone has to use logic in their daily lives.

The question isn't very hard to answer, my put is that crime can be logical, and logic does not have to be for good.

Crime CAN be logical, but that doesn't imply that it always is.

Not everyone operates on logic, not everyone even operates on the SAME logic. Some people wouldn't know logic if it jumped up and bit 'em on the arse. To flatly state that everyone operates on logic, is a delusion. You obviously don't get out much....... People do things for emotional reasons. Sometimes logic plays a role, sure, but, I wouldn't lay odds that it is more the 50% of actions that are dictated by logic........

What is logical about robbing a store, getting a hundred bucks, killing the clerk, and then getting sentenced to to life in prison, or the death penalty? Logic would dictate that the risk FAR outweighs the gains.... but, every day, store clerks get killed, for even less money.

]

Not everyone operates on logic, not everyone even operates on the SAME logic. Some people wouldn't know logic if it jumped up and bit 'em on the arse. To flatly state that everyone operates on logic, is a delusion. You obviously don't get out much....... People do things for emotional reasons. Sometimes logic plays a role, sure, but, I wouldn't lay odds that it is more the 50% of actions that are dictated by logic........

What is logical about robbing a store, getting a hundred bucks, killing the clerk, and then getting sentenced to to life in prison, or the death penalty? Logic would dictate that the risk FAR outweighs the gains.... but, every day, store clerks get killed, for even less money.

Never said all crime is logical. I am saying that some crime can be logical.

]

Never said all crime is logical. I am saying that some crime can be logical.

That's like saying some politicians can be honest........

That's like saying some politicians can be honest........

Are you saying that its impossible to do a logical crime?

Read one of my earlier posts. I already answered this one.

You said crime can be logical, so what is your point?

I believe I expanded on that one too.... in the same post. Ever watch any of the original Star Trek series?

Crime CAN be logical. That does NOT imply that ALL crime IS logical. In all reality, most of it is not, as the possible consequences far outweigh any benefits. Yet, crimes are committed every day. It defies logic. :D

Edited by HeyYou

I believe I expanded on that one too.... in the same post. Ever watch any of the original Star Trek series?

Crime CAN be logical. That does NOT imply that ALL crime IS logical. In all reality, most of it is not, as the possible consequences far outweigh any benefits. Yet, crimes are committed every day. It defies logic. :D

I am not saying that all crime is logical though.

I have to agree with Arielius on this one. Justice in the conviction of the crime, mercy in the application of the justice in sentencing. Justice without mercy is vengence. Mercy without justice does not help correct the criminal behavior.