The Working Man And Skyrim

AltreU

Lol'ed bad at:

playing a time wasting simulator.

So is the guys problem that he pays the same amount of money for a long game opposed to a short game? Does he realise he wrote a whole article in the same time it takes to complete some of these 'afternoon' games?

No s*** hu? .. He seems to hate wasting his precious time and yet feels the need to write out huge posts online to people he doesn't know so they can all hear his opinion on the matter .. I mean .. I do the same thing all the time but I'm not whining about long videogames xD

Edited by jedimembrain

I am 26 I work 50 + hours a week, I am married and I have a 2 1/2 month old son so my game time is very limited. I love long drawn out RPGs were you have to build up your caracters gear skills . So the main reason I love Beth games is I can play it when ever I get the chance because I can pause it quick save quick load making it easy to manage interruptions ( wife son ) so yeah I can't do that with wow diablo etc mmorpgs the only reason I some times get tired of Beth games is because your all alone your lonely the wait of the world is on your shoulders and yours alone. I always wanted to go town destroying with my buddy or brother in morrowind and oblivion and I always wanted to play hide and go seek with friends in that big a$$ world that Beth gives us . I don't know were I'm going with that so I'll just stop lol

Lol'ed bad at:

So is the guys problem that he pays the same amount of money for a long game opposed to a short game? Does he realise he wrote a whole article in the same time it takes to complete some of these 'afternoon' games?

No s*** hu? .. He seems to hate wasting his precious time and yet feels the need to write out huge posts online to people he doesn't know so they can all hear his opinion on the matter .. I mean .. I do the same thing all the time but I'm not whining about long videogames xD

The guy needs a drink or a girl/boy. Luckily Skyrim will give him all of these things. And lucky for us, it will keep him away from the internet I hope..........

Nonsense. Nobody over the age of 20 is on Cracked.

Now THAT I'm going to have to call out as BS. I don't know a single person under the age of 20 on Cracked.

I actually think it's funny, reading this thread, that you guys are being extremely judgmental about how judgmental he is based on one small part of one article he wrote. Just because this doesn't apply to you personally doesn't mean he's full of it; he actually outright says in the majority of his articles that his stuff doesn't apply to everyone. But he is right -- I'm 21, single, no kids, no full-time job yet, but I still have a lot going on between college and several family issues, and while I do love longer games, I find that shorter ones fit better because I won't have as much to keep track of and muddle things up. The Elder Scrolls is pretty much the exception for me.

Read his other stuff, he has several articles that involve the transition to adulthood and such, and most of the time he's right. There's a reason he's rapidly becoming a favorite columnist on there.

I agree with you; he's not really bashing, he's just using a rhetorical tool to emphasize a person's perspective on video games as they get older. The rest of the article's a great read! Here's my favorite quote from the very end:

And why do my kids so happily consume all of this stuff? Don't they know it's bulls***?

They play Gears of War and laugh their asses off when they chainsaw an alien, and then proceed to do it over and over and over again, never getting tired of it. I swear I watch them play these modern games and it's almost like... and this can't possibly be true, but it's almost like they're having just as much fun as I had when I was their age.

It's like the poor bastards don't even know any better.

The point of the post wasn't to complain or ridicule the guy who wrote the article (which is not me btw, chickawowwow, if that's what you thought), I just wanted to hear how other people in his situation do their gaming. I'm glad to know that there are people in that situation that still enjoy their gaming. Stuff for me to look forward to, you know?

The point of the post wasn't to complain or ridicule the guy who wrote the article (which is not me btw, chickawowwow, if that's what you thought), I just wanted to hear how other people in his situation do their gaming. I'm glad to know that there are people in that situation that still enjoy their gaming. Stuff for me to look forward to, you know?

I don't have anything against the guy, but if you have a family then you have to accept you life is not entirely yours, and get on with it- like everyone else. Noone forced a child and wife upon him through an act of sheer malice.

That still doesn't mean I have anything against him, but man up!

Lol'ed bad at:

It's because Cracked pays him to do so, all of the columnists there are paid to write these things.

Also, I think you guys need to remember that, while the majority of the articles on there have a mix of opinion and fact, Cracked is first and foremost a comedy site. And as a comedy site, you really shouldn't be taking this stuff all that seriously.

meh.. never even been to the site before .. its not really funny .. just comes off as ranting in text .. maybe in a verbal form this would be funny .. hearing his emotions on it is important but it just sounds like a guy complaining about videogames being to long... might be funny if he was complaining about his work cutting into his videogame time but I guess that just relates to me more than this.

Like I said, the point of the thread isn't to ridicule the author of the thread, it's to provide your experiences as a gamer with responsibility. While you're not at fault for doing so, it's still not the point of the thread.