Brainstorming getting a Flail to work

jamochawoke

They're from the Nexus. Looking at them again I replaced 3 of the Vanilla 1 hand attack power animations and I believe 1 or 2 of them are from Reira. I can't remember the 3rd one... I'd have to go back and look at my work logs again hahaha. :/

If an (animation) mod contains a Japanese Readme, you can be 99% sure that this mod is resticted. And Reira is one of them. Sorry.

I tried to do a simple 1st person of the onehandedfastforward. I wanted to be able to move between 3rd and 1st person using your animation and my 1st person animation. Of course I had the 90 degree rotation error which I corrected by rotating the bip01 NiTransformInterpolator. That did fix the rotation of the animation, but the camera was then facing the wrong direction. I tried a few things but I could not figure it out.:( I do not have your experience with doing these things so I am hoping this will not be a problem for you.

Oh yes, 1st person animations. I totally forgot about them. Never had to with my animations, so I don't have experience about that. But I can give you an advice which pretty sure will fix your problem.

When I alter a standard animation, I NEVER release a file which I have generated with Blender. Too many bad experiences. What I do is, generate the file, but then copy/paste the data for the modified bones into one original file. Little more effort, but sure worth it. In the long term saves a lot of hazzle. There is a little tutorial about that at the end of my Wiki (see the signature).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using parts of this mod is restricted even though I asked?

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17909

This mod also uses the same 1hand animations I am using in mine that I got from that link above:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=31600

I'm pretty sure they asked too.

Edited by jamochawoke

Using parts of this mod is restricted even though I asked?

You asked. But did you get "EXPRESS PERMISSION" to include it in your future upload? This is necesary for not breaching the site rules. The mod desctiption says "The modification and the re-distribution of these files are prohibited". If we can get express permission to use AND MODIFY we could include these files, but please let's talk about that at a later time.

The animation collection you are referring to is violating site rules, and I'm wondering why it's not yet taken down by the nexus staff. First, there is no express permission listed in either description nor the permission section (and due to my own experience with one author I'm sure there is none). Second, nexus does not allow "Collection" or "Best of" mods (as I was told by a staff member once when NoMaaM was reported by an envious member). Although I see a lot of collection mods today where noone seems to care.

Hmm I can't find the email I sent Reira. I will try to contact them again. It was well over a year ago when I asked.

I'm looking over my animation list again and I don't think I even used the Reira ones... Let me see who they are by and I'll go through my permissions list and see if I have them down (I should).

EDIT EDIT:::

They are definitely not by Reira because I wrote down in my worklog I chose different animations that had a corresponding 1st person animation. Anyways for the "Reira conspiracy" you can also note that Deadly Reflex v6 also uses Reira's power attack animations and Loup Sombre's 3rd person animations in 1st person view mod to get them to work... something I had originally planned but ended up scrapping because after contacting Loup and having a lengthy discussion I decided that mod was just far too buggy to use so I turned to using only animation replacers that had a 1st person animation accompanying them. The search continues...

Edited by jamochawoke

I figured out the mystery. Yes the animations are from KSTN's mod, not Reira's and even though they don't have corresponding 1h animations the 3 that I replaced the normal 1hand anims with DO in fact sort of line up with the first person vanilla animations!

So...

If I loaded them up to 4share or something could you animate them? In fact I went back and looked at them in-game and they fit a flail better than they do a sword hah!

If nothing else I can make that set of animations a "flail set" using CCAO and provide the animations as an "add-on" vanilla drops file and point them to the CCAO mod so people have a choice, right?

If I loaded them up to 4share or something could you animate them? In fact I went back and looked at them in-game and they fit a flail better than they do a sword hah!

You can push me as hard as you want, I won't make any more promises than I already have made. :P There is a lot to do (standard animations have preference), and I have only about 6 weeks of limited spare time.

You know what date is 11/11. And do you think I want to sit over stupid Oblivion animations, while the rest of you enjoy Skyrim? :D

I'm not asking for promises :P. If you can get to it you can get to it, if not no biggie. Just like the guy who said he'd help me rig up a winged twilight mesh I was working on... he said he'd work on it and haven't heard back in ages. Just means I'll have to learn rigging a full body to a new skeleton from scratch is all. I'm not even bothered really, but shortcuts are always nice.

I won't be playing Skyrim for a long time until I get a new job that gives me a little more spare cash :P.

If there's any more help you need on this just ask. I still intend to fix the slot-issue that was bypassed by using a gauntlet hands slot. Just need to get through some more NPC encoding on Vanilla Drops first.

Edited by jamochawoke

If there's any more help you need on this just ask. I still intend to fix the slot-issue that was bypassed by using a gauntlet hands slot. Just need to get through some more NPC encoding on Vanilla Drops first.

I don't think I can be helped. :) I've made a nice idle with swinging chain, breathing and BBB included, of course. But the head path is still shaggy. So I need to do some tooling to smooth this out. I wish I had once better listend in my vector arithmetic classes.

I don't see the slot issue being a problem. I'm much more nagged by some other open issues. But we don't know what RCMage is gonna do. Open points:

• Script to auto-equip/unequip chain mace armor & weapon
  • Dummy blunt visible in invertory screen
  • Dummy blunt and quiver sheathed on back

Well one good thing about this is if Skyrim doesn't have flails we'll have a good idea on the process it would take to get it into one of Bethesda's games (making exceptions for changes in engine/CS of course) haha :P.

I don't know if I can get the dummy blunt to be sheathed on back but I might be able to get it sheathed on the side. The scripting to do a 1hand weapon on back is kind of annoying :/.

I can try and figure out an auto-equip script though. I've done things like that before.