Evil characters should be hunted

egg

Kill one to save a thousand = greater good

Dark brotherhood = lesser of two evils

was there a point you were trying to make?

if the Dark brotherhood was the lesser of two evils in a given situation, that wouldn't stop a good person from resorting to use the dark brotherhood to reach a greater good.

im sorry, I just don't understand what your trying to say... it doesn't make sense. And Killing one to save a thousand, isn't always a greater good. Nor is the Dark Brotherhood defiantely isn't always the lesser of two evils... and deciet can go a long way in making either seem other than what it is.

I am just trying to understand what you meant, it's obvious those statements were directed at the current line of discussion- But they don't get any clear cut point across. They are situational statements.

EDIT: On further thought, I think I see what you were trying to say. That hunting down an evil, using another evil entity, such as the dark brotherhood, would simply be choosing the lesser of two evils, and not trying to reach the greater good.

If that is your point, then you are wrong. Using, and even supporting an (bad/evil)organization for the sake of elimating other evils, would not only be choosing the lesser of two evils, but also an attempt to reach a greater good.

it's pretty much the same as kill a man to save a thousand actually... the Dark Brotherhood grows and a few more people die because of it, :)

Edited by El`derina

Not to mention after you've slaughtered a village there should no longer be an option to pay it off. Pretty sure if your family was killed by a psychotic Nord you wouldn't be happy to find out that he just paid 2000 septims and is still wandering Skyrim.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the dark brotherhood is really evil.

I consider them entirely neutral.

You should be hunted for being evil, not being good. It makes since in fallout to be hunted for being good, but in skyrim you need to be hunted by normal people for being bad and possibly any organization you have a bad rep with.

Shouldn't be a black and white thing in skyrim.

The Dark Brotherhood is basically a 'hand for hire.' You don't want to kill someone yourself? Pay someone else to do it :) I always have a good character, but then I go ahead and join the DB. I just love them, usually however most people you go off and kill aren't innocent (I said most not all). But I guess you really don't know in that sense seeing as the DB just say, 'here's the person go kill them'...you don't start asking 'well why do I kill him?' Just do it.

But yea they are a neutral faction b/c you can't honestly say they are evil or good. Guess it's 50/50. ANYWAYS!!!!

It would be cool if people sent them after you and it could be whether you have an evil character or not. I mean if you're a good character...you don't get a lot of people who love you without some enemies on the way and if you're evil....well that's self explanatory. Of course like someone said if you're part of the DB then you can't be hunted. But what if you're hunted by the DB and want to join the DB?

But whether you're good or evil you should be hunted by whoever is willing to hunt you down, thieves, DB, common folk (who think they have a chance), guards when they're off duty, something like that. Which actually if you're an evil character it would be cool to not only go into a town and have some people cower from fear of you, but also have maybe some people gang up on you and try to kill you (as futile as it is for them). Or children can throw eggs at you lol

Maybe someone already said this, but I also hope that good characters get hunted too - that would be fun! Kind of like how the Talon Company would hunt you in Fallout 3. That way, it's not just the evil characters that are challenged in that way.

So where do the red-headed step-children fit in to all of this then, well maybe a mod that makes *all* NPC's hostile toward each other, ha ha :D

Back on topics, I would like to see factions attacking you regardless of the karma, good or bad.

Would be interesting to see folks attacking you because you are playing towards the good or the evil side of things.

Maybe something special for the folks attempting to do the Neutral play and not trying to pick sides perhaps ?!?

if your good in Skyrim, you still have to picks sides... rather that is legion, rebels, or nobodies man- it is much like New Vegas in that regard. People are gonna hate you, someone, somewhere... there will be a reason to be hunted by someone, eventually.

Hope that clears up the 'why should a good guy be hunted' statements...

EDIT: and yes Marharth... Dark Brotherhood IS neutral, mostly... But you have to consider that they will kill anyone, for no reason, for gold alone. I would say they still 'lean' towards evil. Not to mention the people are mostly comprised of psychos...

And in Oblivion, the DB targets all tended to be guilty of something,... but the DB was watered down in many ways- it was geared more towards a 'kiddie' DB if you know what I mean. IDK why bethesda did that. It wasn't too bad, but plainly obvious.

Edited by El`derina

Kill one to save a thousand = greater good

Dark brotherhood = lesser of two evils

was there a point you were trying to make?

if the Dark brotherhood was the lesser of two evils in a given situation, that wouldn't stop a good person from resorting to use the dark brotherhood to reach a greater good.

im sorry, I just don't understand what your trying to say... it doesn't make sense. And Killing one to save a thousand, isn't always a greater good. Nor is the Dark Brotherhood defiantely isn't always the lesser of two evils... and deciet can go a long way in making either seem other than what it is.

I am just trying to understand what you meant, it's obvious those statements were directed at the current line of discussion- But they don't get any clear cut point across. They are situational statements.

EDIT: On further thought, I think I see what you were trying to say. That hunting down an evil, using another evil entity, such as the dark brotherhood, would simply be choosing the lesser of two evils, and not trying to reach the greater good.

If that is your point, then you are wrong. Using, and even supporting an (bad/evil)organization for the sake of elimating other evils, would not only be choosing the lesser of two evils, but also an attempt to reach a greater good.

it's pretty much the same as kill a man to save a thousand actually... the Dark Brotherhood grows and a few more people die because of it, :)

My point is if say there is a necromancer or a daedra worshiper and a meer explorer happens to see that they are on the verge of completeing a ritual to summon a judge daedra or a powerful undead creAture that could whip out a whole city u KILL THAT ONE TO SAVE A 1000 wich is for the greater good

And say a town is scared because said necromancer has been threatening the town with death and destruction so the town pools there money to get the necro whacked so they contact the DB because they are the best so yes that would be the lesser of two evils

But your right The DB is a neutral faction they are in the business of killing and business is good it's not like the DB goes on murdering sprees they have a reason for the murder and that is $$$$