⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Your own shop Fallout New Vegas

Dragonetti

Your own shop in Fallout New Vegas  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Woulden't it be nice to own your own shop to sell the think you pickup out in New Vegas

• Yes, I would like that.
    • No, I rather sell to shopkeepers and people in game.
    • It's Tempting, Maybe.

Now their are 4 DLC's for Fallout NV and a lot of other mods from enthusiast, you gather a lot off stuff.

It would be nice to own your own shop with a shop keeper that's working for you.

Included in the shop should be work benches and vending machines for drinks and food if possible.

Is it possible to create such a shop?

And above all at which location should this shop be?

Please do not only vote but give a response so somebody will pick up this request and do something with it. Thank you. ;)

Edited by Dragonetti

I think Novac would be an interesting place to set up shop. From my own play, I found that there's anywhere between 1 to 4 traveling merchants there at any time. It'd be nice to see some barter going on as well. For example; when you set up shop, you can set an NPC to operate it for you, but with guidelines of what you want. You'll of course get caps for selling your wares, but you could also tell the NPC that you're interested in trading for ammo, guns or even junk items. As time goes by, the NPC will slowly build their supply of that item, trading with the traveling merchants.

Eventually, maybe one can even buy their own caravan and have a couple of traders head off for extra funds. You could even supply the guards with stronger armor and weapons.

Yes, Novac could work... You could use the gas station there as your shop! It's not used by anything, as far as I know. I don't even think any other mods out there make use of that place...

Go there, clean up, invest come caps, hire an NPC and so forth. :) Could end up being an entertaining quest, should someone take it up.

What about mixing it with wasteland defense? i mean, setting up a shop in there, the whole caravan thing... opening trade routes? i know its a lot like the rts mod, but i found that one a bit difficult to understand, and way too complicated.

my idea would be to add a "general shop" and "caravan hq" (with options to rename them, just for inmersion purposes) blueprints, and expand the whole thing from there.

if interested, just ask me, i´ve got a huge bunch of ideas for this one.

Thanks guys I had hoped for more response.

It would be nice if somebody will pick up this idea and makes a mod of it, unfortunately I am not handy with the GECK engine or programming of any kind. Well lets hoop that other people see this post/idea and can do something with it.

PS:

Please, do not only vote but give a response so somebody will pick up this request and do something with it.

Thank you. ;)

Edited by Dragonetti

• 1 month later...

I think Novac would be an interesting place to set up shop. From my own play, I found that there's anywhere between 1 to 4 traveling merchants there at any time. It'd be nice to see some barter going on as well. For example; when you set up shop, you can set an NPC to operate it for you, but with guidelines of what you want. You'll of course get caps for selling your wares, but you could also tell the NPC that you're interested in trading for ammo, guns or even junk items. As time goes by, the NPC will slowly build their supply of that item, trading with the traveling merchants.

Eventually, maybe one can even buy their own caravan and have a couple of traders head off for extra funds. You could even supply the guards with stronger armor and weapons.

Yes, Novac could work... You could use the gas station there as your shop! It's not used by anything, as far as I know. I don't even think any other mods out there make use of that place...

Go there, clean up, invest come caps, hire an NPC and so forth. :) Could end up being an entertaining quest, should someone take it up.

New Vegas Interiors makes use of that..at least I am reasonably sure that's what turns it into Starvin' Marvin's but there is at least the one building with a boarded over door, that as far as i can tell isn't effected by any of the 'open the buildings' mods. And I would love to see this!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure there are no NPCs in Mojave that are trading with each other, only looting when giving the chance.

I think the easiest way to do this is to make your owned NPC shopkeeper "lose" some loot, and "spawn" something equivalent to that loot. If player sets the prices, it should be made impossible to be able to sell "Tin Can" for 4000 gold for example, to prevent the NPC shopkeeper to lose a Tin Can and acquire a Power Armor.

So the prices could be pre-made but always more expensive than selling it to a vendor yourself. That way you benefit by making the effort of trying to sell stuff in your own shop.

During certain days like Monday Tuesday etc there could be "requests" of certain items that sell hot. Putting in those items for the corresponding day should make them to be sold definitely.

The player should also be able to set certain items on a "banlist" so that the NPC shopkeeper doesn't trade your goods for crap that you don't want.

Sounds very interesting, but just... don't make it in Novac. There are many mods which have problems with that area, to the point where some people can't even go near there. I, myself, can't load any save games what have been made in the Novac area.