All HAIL Windows 7

Thor.

If you had a problem with windows 7 and you had no choice yet to use Windows 7 system restore, please tell your story.

Note to self take back crappy AVG antivirus, botched installed itself and i couldn't remove it.

LAGGGGYYY man, even worse then Norton.

Kaspersky Wins. A friend of mine Bought it for his Windows xp machine and Upgraded to Kaspersky, My key expired for Kaspersky and he had a good year left on his.

Stupid one year keys. The thing was a pain to remove man, super integrated into the OS, witch is not needed with Win7. Kasperky was really good when it came to removing it, Avg not so easy.

OOPS this was intended for the hardware section oft he forum, all well.

Edited by Thor.

Moved it for you.

About Kaspersky, I kinda have mixed feelings. It's a fairly solid antivirus, but the last version had the same issue of being embedded in the OS and a tendency to suck up excessive amounts of RAM if it was kept running for a few days. The 2012 version appears to be better, but not sure I liked how it removed all other security software on install.

It feels like many other antivirus programs are taking the "us or nothing" approach to their install instead of working around some of the safe, reliable, free programs out there, and that leads to people being less able to catch those threats designed to evade detection from one or more commercial products.

i like AVG! i use it, know a lot of ppl who use it. never had an issue. honestly with AVG, Spybot, MSE and many other good free software out there, id never spend the money on McAfee or Nortan or Kaspersky again!

knock on wood about not having a problem

Microsoft essentials have become a very trusted anti virus program, even more so than AVG I think. If you want free and light on system resources MSE is the way to go. Paying to me is more for the commercial computers, too heavy on resources.

MSE for anti virus, CCleaner and glary utilities for registry and such, and malewarebytes and super anti spyware for the spyware is what I have recommended to people for a while. Together they are the supreme force in pc protection. All are light on the system too.