Am I the only one patient enough to do this?

Deleted1572091User

I usually play with one race for a good majority of the time, and focus on him. Like in Skyrim I will play mainly as my Nord. But with so many new opportunities I will definitely play as all 10 races. But after I explore as much as possible with my Nord. I DO have the patience for that. :thumbsup:

I played with the Nords in Morrowind because their racial abilities were, in my eyes, incomparable. 100% and 75% resistance to frost and lightning, with good melee boosts (I like fighting close and personal) and a once-a-day shield spell (Woad). However, I don't like going with crowd and, beyond that, I don't like using the same race too much.

I'll probably be going with an imperial because I've never used them....or, at least, I'll tell myself that then go and make an argonian or something.

Races I have never made a really playthrough with: Khajiit, Argonian, Imperial, and Orc. :whistling:

The racial abilities are:

ORCS: Beserker

- REDGUARDS: Adrenaline Rush,

- WOOD ELF: resist poison, resisit disease, command animals

- NORD: Battlecry

- KHAJIIT: night-eye, claw attacks

- IMPERIAL: Voice of the Emperor, find more coins when looting

- HIGH ELF: regenerate Magicka more quickly

- DARK ELF: Ancestor's Wrath (surround self in fire), resist fire

- BRETON: Dragonskin (absorb spells), resist shock

- ARGONIANS: Histskin (regenerate health quickly), resist disease 50%, breathe underwater

Nothing sticks out as being OP, but that depends on the numbers of course. Bretons in Oblivion and Morrowind were the most powerful by far, but in this one they get a probably useless spell and 50% resist shock probably. If the Altmer's magicka regen is considerable it'll be the best for any mage class. If the battlecry/berserker/adrenaline rush aren't just mid-level restoration spells (Or if the battlecry is an AE fear and isn't just a mid-level illusion spell) those races might be decent.

Honestly I'd just pick a style of race you'd like to play and go with it, I doubt it'll affect the gameplay that much. There's also nothing saying you have to match a race with a class. You could probably make an Altmer warrior just as usable as an Orc warrior.

Edited by Tuco404

Dead right Tuco.

I always play an Altmer, and I've done plenty of experimentation with them down through the years and they tend to be mainly for mages, and a bit flimsy(the eolemental weaknesses in Oblivion were just painfuly unbalanced when everyone else had resists, RACISTS!) but I've had a bit of fun playing as a High Elf Barbarian in Oblivion, and while that sounds ridiculous, it does work just fine. You'll start off fairly weak, but at levelcap, we all have 100 strength, regardless of startpoint, and the extra magika makes for less wasting points on support stats for regen.

My usual choice is a High Elf sorceress. Conjuration, destruction, alteration, alchemy, swords, illusion and heavy armour being my bread n butter skills, for a balanced and typicaly very strong character. Excellent damagedealing abilities, if a little frail, but frail is unimportant when you have so much choice in how to kill someone. Hmm, shall I burn them alive? or or summon a Lich? or stab them? or turn their allies against them? Weak at low levels, godlike at high levels. And yes, Heavy Armour, the higher your armour skills the less it interferes with your spells, get Heavy 100 and you're not slowed down by it.

Well honestly if I had the time I would like to do at least 5 characters, but then there's the problem of spending more time with one, more than the other and also doing all the quests over again. But I think I can manage, if I can play Dragon Age 1 and 2 at least 5 times, Dead Space2 4x, Fable 3 3x, and so on.....but of course there is that little Skyrim has 300+hrs.....my goodness. However I will just think about 2 characters for now and take my time....now November needs to hurry. Quickly, now, can someone build a time machine? Please?

Well, this is only partly an attempt to pick the race I prefer. I sort of just used the races as a means to set different playstyles. So while I'm creating a bunch of races to try these different playstyles, someone else might do something like making 2 different Nords with different playstyles/appearances... Part of the dilemma is that while, yes, you can play however you like with any character, once you start playing if you don't know for certain how you want to play already, you'll end up training skills or adding perks to skills that later on you've decided don't fit how you want to play.

Though I can't entirely disagree that it is a bit silly for me to do 10 of these. Perhaps part of my reasoning for this is to also have fun with the character creator and making unique individuals for each race. That way I wouldn't just pick a race from the start, start playing, and then end up regretting that I didn't try this race, or that. Anyway, I doubt many people will take it to the extreme I am, but I'm interested to see who is doing somewhat similar things.