Busy Water Ways

MizerD

I really want to be able to purchase a ship that you can actually sail, and have to buy crew for. Would be cool i think sailing around hiding in caves n stuff. You could be like a travelling merchant or pirate :pirate:

I would like to see more ships and or boats on the water being used not just anchored doing nothing. Anyone else think this is a good idea, and what else would you all like to see?

Post away! :turned:

I really want to be able to purchase a ship that you can actually sail, and have to buy crew for. Would be cool i think sailing around hiding in caves n stuff. You could be like a travelling merchant or pirate :pirate:

I would like to see more ships and or boats on the water being used not just anchored doing nothing. Anyone else think this is a good idea, and what else would you all like to see?

Post away! :turned:

Its already been confirmed that there will be no ships in Skyrim unfortunatley.

What Corakus said.

Also, even though the size of the world is the same as Oblivion's, in Skyrim there are no boring bodies of water, like those in Oblivion. We have more land to explore and more content instead of water. Skyrim has a lot of rivers, though. Exploration in Skyrim is also more 3-dimensional. What I mean is, we will spend more time changing altitude, e.g. climbing mountains.

Edited by Omeletter

A DLC possibility, maybe. If the devs decided to add an island or two as content, then the idea of adding a sailable boat may be too good an idea to pass up. Every reason would for them to do it, would be there. It's new, and we have vikings. Edited by Jermungand

no bodies of water? apparently people havent been looking at the north side of the landmass...

but yea... idk why there are no boats, its in Nordic history that they are good sailors, or so I hear.

I got this info at UESPWiki.

Nords are also natural seamen, and have benefited from nautical trade since their first migrations across the sea from Atmora. They captain and crew the merchant fleets of many regions, and may be found all along Tamriel's coasts.

So yes, it make sense to have boats in Skryim, maybe not necessarily sailing in the water, but still at ports. :thumbsup:

no bodies of water? apparently people havent been looking at the north side of the landmass...

but yea... idk why there are no boats, its in Nordic history that they are good sailors, or so I hear.

Nords are also natural seamen, and have benefited from nautical trade since their first migrations across the sea from Atmora. They captain and crew the merchant fleets of many regions, and may be found all along Tamriel's coasts.

So yes, it make sense to have boats in Skryim, maybe not necessarily sailing in the water, but still at ports. :thumbsup:

exactly... very strange that this was done... I smell a DLC,.. they wanted to do this so it could be done "right" later

exactly... very strange that this was done... I smell a DLC,.. they wanted to do this so it could be done "right" later

Agreed. It would be great if they made it possible to sail in a DLC. Have new quests as a shipmaster. But yes, after the release of Skyrim they would work on it to make sure it gets done right. :thumbsup: