Guns or not Guns

hoofhearted4

93 members have voted

1. 1. Should citizens be allowed to have Guns

• Yes
    • No

500 bucks for an AK???? Prices have gone up since I last checked.... Used to be, you could pick them up used around here for under 200 bucks. Yugo SKS ran about the same. (I have two.....)

Shotgun is most certainly the weapon of choice for home defense. You wanna watch Mr. Burglar wet himself? Cycle the action once, and holler FREEZE!!!!! And the floor will become wet. :D

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500 bucks for an AK???? Prices have gone up since I last checked.... Used to be, you could pick them up used around here for under 200 bucks. Yugo SKS ran about the same. (I have two.....)

One for each hand? :whistling:

Gotta go with a 12gauge (Mossberg 500 series) with an 18" barrel and a folding stock so you can maneuver in tight spots and not have a large profile. Since most rooms are small the 18" barrel will force a spread quickly and cover a large area. Point it down the hall and watch things die. I'd use 7 1/2 birdshot so you wont shoot through walls. And take the restricter out of the magazine tube so you can rack two extra shells.

Answer your question? :tongue:

That's the point, when people claim to buy an AR-15 not for hunting, but for personal defense, I know they're lying. If you want defense, go for a shotgun (Remington or Mossberg sounds nice, NOT a double-barrel one).

One for each hand? :whistling:

LOLOL

Was never a fan of the "spray and pray" school of thought on marksmanship. Had one for home defense with a folding stock, (I lived out in the sticks..... nearest neighbor was a mile away....) Had another for varmints. Full wood stock, and a scope...... If I could see it, I could kill it.

I'm one of the few liberals you meet who doesn't support gun control. My father was part of the company police force for Conrail railroad, he worked for them for nearly 30 years. He always believed in the saying "If guns were outlawed, then only outlaws would have guns." He taught me that guns were neither bad nor good, it was in how they were used, and that they shouldn't be feared so much as respected for the deadly tool they are. He taught me to always treat them like they are loaded.

He wasn't all "hurr hurr, yehaw, got me some guns!" the way the stereotype seems to go. When I joined the Navy back in 1982, I already had a decent idea of how to treat them. By the same token, I've never felt a need to own one, nor carry one, but I wouldn't push my feelings on eithers, either.

Was never a fan of the "spray and pray" school of thought on marksmanship. Had one for home defense with a folding stock, (I lived out in the sticks..... nearest neighbor was a mile away....) Had another for varmints. Full wood stock, and a scope...... If I could see it, I could kill it.

Always preferred my old Remington Hornet center fire 22 for varmints myself....if they required more than that they were the two footed type of varmints and have an all together different caliber for those occasions. :whistling:

Edited by Aurielius

Always preferred my old Remington Hornet center fire 22 for varmints myself....if they required more than that they were the two footed type of varmints and have an all together different caliber for those occasions. :whistling:

had some pretty large woodchucks there..... and if you hit 'em in the head at any appreciable range with a .22, it would just bounce off...... Not so with a 7.62X39 hollow point. I would regularly shoot at 75 yards or more...... .22 just wasn't effective enough. ( I ran out of ammo for the .22 magnum, but, had a thousand and some change 7.62.... easy decision. :D)

Pesky Kangaroos...

Pesky Kangaroos...

Not to mention the ostriches....

Pesky Kangaroos...

Not to mention the ostriches....

There are no ostriches in Australia except in zoos...........they're called emus.