Dynamic and levelled Music

LeopoldCrank

Agreed. I hope in The Making Of Skyrim DVD from CE they will include 1. List of music in-game 2. The actual recording of the choir music from the trailer. :thumbsup:

I'm in a choir, and for part of one of our concert songs the men had a simple cue: "Pound Shoulder with Fist." I envision something very similar for the Skyrim choir, but with more horns and animal skins.

I suspect there might be something since there were some instances of scaling music in FO3 and NV. but somehow I get the feeling that it will still be fairly lacking since getting it right takes lots and lots of figuring to decide what is and is not a threat, how much of a threat, what the player is doing at the time, and where the player is. Can only get that sort of precision from music overlays of pre-recorded footage.

This never even occurred to me.

This would be a good idea. A semi calm battle music for lower levels, the higher you go the more intense it gets.

Also certain creatures and "bosses" should have custom set battle music, so lower level "bosses" don't have lame battle music.

Take a look at this:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7899

One of my favourite Morrowind Mods, for this very reason

Very nice. :thumbsup:

I suspect there might be something since there were some instances of scaling music in FO3 and NV. but somehow I get the feeling that it will still be fairly lacking since getting it right takes lots and lots of figuring to decide what is and is not a threat, how much of a threat, what the player is doing at the time, and where the player is. Can only get that sort of precision from music overlays of pre-recorded footage.

I would do it just like the leveled lists for creatures in oblivion. In a single leveled list there are a range of levels for when certain songs play during combat. levels 1-5 will play a certain song, level 6-10 another, etc. Then there are exceptions made to certain creatures within that list. A level 10 rabbit won't get the same music as a level 10 wolf for example, and neither of those could ever get the same music that you would get while in combat with a dragon. Doesn't seem all that difficult to me to implement

I would do it just like the leveled lists for creatures in oblivion. In a single leveled list there are a range of levels for when certain songs play during combat. levels 1-5 will play a certain song, level 6-10 another, etc. Then there are exceptions made to certain creatures within that list. A level 10 rabbit won't get the same music as a level 10 wolf for example, and neither of those could ever get the same music that you would get while in combat with a dragon. Doesn't seem all that difficult to me to implement

Except that something like that tends to not work so well when you have level 5 dragons which are still a challenge and level 60 rabbits which only enter combat to exhibit flee behavior.