Crash in Imperial City

TrueOrigin

Was working on 'The Big Heist' and left from The Best Defense, and now it crashes constantly. It wont let me load in the city at all.

Below is Mod List(Cause im not sure what the problem might be)

Oblivion.esm

Open Cities Resources.esm

CM Partners.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

WindowLightingSystem.esp

Akatosh Mount By Saiden Storm.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

Slof's Boners! v5_DV.esp

Abyss.esp

Punk Stevo - Brutal Underground.esp

VaultsofCyrodiil.esp

Apachii_Heroes_Store.esp

Arena_BattlesV1.2EV.esp

Knights.esp

OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp

ElsweyrAnequina.esp

Open Cities New Sheoth.esp

Open Cities Outer Districts.esp

Open Cities Reborn.esp

LustyArgonianMaidContinued.esp

CM_Essential_Classes.esp

Level Based Summon Cap.esp

Intelligence Overhaul.esp

CM Partners.esp

Nephilim.esp

Soqui Race.esp

CM Partners Special NPCs.esp

CM Partners NPC.esp

CM Partners More NPCs.esp

CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp

CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part A.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part B.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part C.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part D.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Part E.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Addition 1.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Addition 2.esp

Blademan's New Birthsigns - Addition 3.esp

UVII.esp

Air Island.esp

FLAN - Enayla Demonic.esp

Geckocare's Eye Pack.esp

Tojay-raht.esp

Dagi.esp

Ilztafein.esp

DarkArgonians.esp

Argonian Shadowscale.esp

Invisibility Robe ver2.esp

Arena No Raiment.esp

Have you tried going back to a previous save? There should be backups of your hardsaves and autosaves in the default save location (\My Documents\Oblivion\Saves\). Just rename your current save then change the name of the first backup to what you current save was named.

Unrelated to your issue, I see you're running the UOP Vampire Face Fix. If you have the UOP Supplementals you shouldn't be running the face fix, and if you don't have the supplementals you should get them. You should also get the unofficial Shivering Isles patch and the Unofficial Official Mods patch (only install the knights patch from the UOMP since that's the only DLC you have).

Edit: What is Nephilim.esp? :blink: Nevermind, I wasn't logged in to the Nexus when I searched for it so it didn't show up.

Edited by MShoap13

All my saves on that character are in the middle of that quest. And I have the Supplementals, so i'll disable the Face Fix. Will work on gettting the UOMP for KotN.

Going to try something out, just in case it's a problem with that quest. (And I've tried using the partners warp ring to poof me into the middle of the city and it still crashed) Going to see if teleporting to quest location and finishing the quest will help.

Edit:Didnt Help, and it crashes in EVERY city. And its not immediate either, I have time to open the menu or pause.

Edited by TrueOrigin

Here's a link to the UESP Wiki walkthrough for the Ultimate Heist. If you look at the bottom at the Bugs section you'll find a number of them, that can affect your game in different ways depending on which bug is triggered. Maybe you can recognize what point in the quest you are and what may be the problem.

I have discovered the problem! It wasn't any of those bugs, thanks though :3 The issue seemed to be something from the UVII Mod, not sure what though. When I disabled the mod(was going through trial and error) the game didn't crash.

And I think I know the specific problem. One of the weapons I had grip shifted (Masamune from 1H to 2H) randomly vanished from my inventory. This may have caused a script error. Why it only triggered in cities, I have no idea.

Or it might be Fortification alteration. Gaining an ability when your stat is only at the right point because of fortified skills.

Edited by TrueOrigin