Dose any one use STEPS?

totalwar13

Is it worth using? and dose it work well?

i want to play skyrim i never got to finish it as i done some mods that messed my game up

i got about 50 hours in.. I tried STEPS 2 year a go but after i installed it.. I was so bored i could not play the game lost interest

If nothing else, look over the INI file recommendations, install LOOT, SKSE (to get the memory patch), either ENBoost or a full ENB as STEP recommends, install BASH to make a bashed patch, and clean your mods with TES5Edit if needed. There are bugs in Skyrim and the STEP crew has a good procedure to eliminate or minimize most of the fixable ones.

It may be boring, but it will pay off in a long game. All my games have been based upon STEP CORE for a long time. They know what they're doing, even though you may not want or like some of the mods they recommend; most are optional. I don't like MO, but their process works with NMM and BASH.

Edited by GaronII

You dont have to use every single mod STEP reccomends....i dont. rather use it as a guideline and a base.

Follow the STEP setup and ini tweaks. But again you dont have to use every single thing they recommend. Just always keep compatibility in mind when deviating from their instructions.

Also you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD USE MOD ORGANIZER!!!!!

I only use it as a guide for ini tweaks.

I found it very helpful with ENB ini tweaks.

With the right mods this game is not boring & there is always something weird going on. Last night I was in a dungeon & one of my vanilla followers said "There are Draugr down below". That is the first time I herd that phrase & I have been playing "since forever".

Later

I only use it as a guide for ini tweaks.

+1

There are some very cool mods they list, but you don't need STEP to figure out that you want a mod. Some swear by it, I find it limiting in that it's very lore focused which is fine for some.