Call me crazy but I want restrictions

NeclordX

I think you should go play Gothic 3 Forsaken Bugs and stop making up stupidities. And what do you mean by god huh? Have you ever played Oblivion on max difficulty?

Personaly I think not so I'll tell you that when you play on max difficulty even a rat has more power than you (at least at the very beginning). The reason I like these games is in fact because you can learn everything.

If you want restrictions then it could be made so that you must have a certain level of mastery in certian skills before you can join a particular community i.e. magic skills to join the Mage's Guild; but not that you cant join it at all.

Sooooo is this just safe to say that there is restriction if you so choose to make it that way? >.<

Yeah you can become all powerful but I personally stuck tightly to being a thief and didn't venture off. Set my own restrictions and seeing as how not everyone is like me I think it's fair to have the game the way it is. They can go and try out everything on one character I'm going to stick to specific rolls and specific goals for each character I make.

Just like I do in Fallout.

It's a video game, have fun your way!

Except Fallout 3 damn game always crashes for me. Oh cool new loot! *CRASH!!!*

Here's a novel idea. Don't spend your perk points and restrict yourself from becoming too powerful (Provided the game doesn't force you to spend them in order to progress/play). It's called self control. No one else should be restricted if you can't restrict yourself. It's just not fair for everyone. Who knows, maybe there's an in game option for types of restrictions. We just don't know yet. :/

Well, seing how the system works this isn't probably at all, but I would like some restrictions.

I'll explain, one thing I find someway "boring" in the previous game is that after certain point your character is not "your character" any more, it becomes some kind of "god", when you finished the game after 300 hours it doesn't matter wich class you begin with, you have max level, every perk in 100, learned every spell in the game and...you'll are on the top of all guilds...

What makes Elder of the scrolls so great is that big world. But you can complete all that big world in a single long gameplay.

I think would be nice if you had this big world at your disposal but you could only do a part of it in each gameplay.

For example, restricting the perks depending of the class. For example, it doesn't matter how high your level is or how hard you train, your warrior never would become a mage. Or your mage would never have more than 50 strengh points.

Also, some restrictions should be applied to the game itself. For example, if you become a memer of the fighters guild you can't join mages guild or viceversa. Some quests block others, etc.

The world would be big anyway, but when you choose certain paths would close other ones. And when you make a character from a certain class you'll remain that class forever. That way would incite the replay value. And would make your adventure more like and adventure and less "divine"

You're crazy. :P

come on guys .. being to hard on the op .. I get what hes saying and I agree with 90% of it .. the only thing that he is saying that is sorta blasphemy in a TES fansite is the class restrictions .. and the only thing I can say to that is you have to restrict yourself .. when you start getting past level 40 or so your gonna be so powerful that when you start multi classing and making an uber character you might start becoming bored .. you just have to stop yourself and make a new character... simple .. what everyone else is saying and Ive already said .. but my point of this post is to leave it at that and dont bash the guy cause I think we all see where he is coming from.

come on guys .. being to hard on the op .. I get what hes saying and I agree with 90% of it .. the only thing that he is saying that is sorta blasphemy in a TES fansite is the class restrictions .. and the only thing I can say to that is you have to restrict yourself .. when you start getting past level 40 or so your gonna be so powerful that when you start multi classing and making an uber character you might start becoming bored .. you just have to stop yourself and make a new character... simple .. what everyone else is saying and Ive already said .. but my point of this post is to leave it at that and dont bash the guy cause I think we all see where he is coming from.

Well actually at level 40 you can already max all the attributes (including luck) unless you under leveled or didnt use the +15 for luck at the beginning.

Well actually at level 40 you can already max all the attributes (including luck) unless you under leveled or didnt use the +15 for luck at the beginning.

I wasn't into trying to hard to get that +5 every time .. it was a pain and just a very flawed level system.. besides .. I was talking more about what skyrim will most likely play like based on bethesda's other games .. not oblivion

I like the realisim factor. just like in real life no matter what you do you can become pro at it as long as you practtice at it. but what i would like to see is your skills dwindle if not used. not so much your combat skills cuz that would just suck, but things like your potion making or weapon making. for instance all you,ve bin doing is poition making for like a month strait nothing else and you were( a month prior) for the longest time just making weapons. wouldint it make sense that your weapon making skills would start to dwindle after long periods of not using them? just thinking it would be a good way to keep the player engaged in his/her character, when there is always fine tuning to be done much like in real life lol.

Well on the guilds side of things they could do it like they did in Morrowind where it would be very difficult to advance in the guild if your skills weren't up to snuff. That way a warrior who has little to no training as a mage cannot advance past a certain point until they train in that area.