Is Wrye Bash/BAIN unable to install .nif files?!

Someone92

I'm currently trying to install Universal Skeleton Nif via Wrye Bash/BAIN but for some reason it says there are no 'Configurable Files' in the .7z file though if I use 'List Structure' it shows me that every necessary file is there. I assume some setting blocks installation of .nif files like there is one that blocks OBSE plug-ins, but I can't find it anywhere. Some pointers would be helpful.

edit: For some reason I cannot install any new mods anymore...

Okay, I have already found the error: I structured the sub-folders wrong, data/meshes/... is not how Wyre Bash/BAIN wants its mods.

Edited by Someone92

• 2 years later...

Okay, I have already found the error: I structured the sub-folders wrong, data/meshes/... is not how Wyre Bash/BAIN wants its mods.

Hi, i have the same problem, so if i anderstand wath you say data/meshes/ is not good,, so how you structured it for it work?

Just a guess ... but I'd put my money on the path needs to start at meshes instead of Data\meshes for BAIN to recognize it. In the case of the third person skeleton.nif for Universal Skeleton Nif in the original post that would mean that Data\meshes\characters\_male\skeleton.nif will not be recognized by BAIN but meshes\characters\_male\skeleton.nif will be recognized by BAIN.

I don't remember anymore what happened when there was no options or alternatives in a BAIN archive to begin with,

but if there are, then the system usually expects something like this:

00 - Main
    something.esp
    textures
    meshes
01 - Alternative 1
    meshes
01 - Alternative 2
    meshes

And in BAIN you can then decide which of the two Alternatives you want to install over the Main files.

I'm not sure whether the numbers are mandatory or if it's just voluntarily done to keep things organized in the wizard, but I for one never did without them, and I remember the two alternatives both having the "01" at the beginning did have something to do with them being handled as alternatives, 'use only one', by the wizard later.

I also don't know if you can leave away the "00 - Main", if there are no "01" and so on folders as well, and just have the "meshes" and "textures" folder on the root level of the archive so to say.

Nor do I know if BAIN was as intelligent as OBMM sometimes and accept both, "meshes" and "textures" folders, as well as a "data" folder containing these, inside each of the numbered folders.

But I for one never include a "data" folder in any archive of mine by principle to begin with, and as such would also never include it in there.