200 years on and technology is still the same

egg

The last 500 years in our world has seen massive technological advancement, but what of the hundreds of thousands of years of human civilised history prior to that?

As I said in my reply a couple of pages back, I dont expect massive changes, just subtle ones implying that time has moved on 200 years. You can't tell me that in the space of 200 years absolutely nothing has been invented or changed. I know it will be slower but like I said they have magic to assist them in creating new things as well. So logically they would have technology more advanced than our own when we were in a similar timeline.

Not only that but we're just human. They also have many different intelligent species which would also have their own technologies.

Progression was slow for us many years ago, but it was always there, and in the space of 200 years certain technologies will have changed.

I think the problem here is everyone is thinking too grand in scale, rather than the subtle differences. They advanced to castles and weapons, so logically they should advance in other areas as well.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oblivion had Crossbows, Guns, and hell, even a motorbike added to it.

I'm sure we can look forward to improved versions for Skyrim.

To those who will be getting it for console :hurr:

That sounds like a really good reason to get it on console.

Oh I am... power to me ;-)

the hell am I reading .. is my mind so scrambled that I'm reading PC as console or are you two retarded.. :/

Is my mind so scrambled that I think you could be indirectly implying that you think motorbikes and guns in Oblivion is a good thing? :hurr:

Oblivion had Crossbows, Guns, and hell, even a motorbike added to it.

I'm sure we can look forward to improved versions for Skyrim.

To those who will be getting it for console :hurr:

That sounds like a really good reason to get it on console.

Oh I am... power to me ;-)

the hell am I reading .. is my mind so scrambled that I'm reading PC as console or are you two retarded.. :/

Is my mind so scrambled that I think you could be indirectly implying that you think motorbikes and guns in Oblivion is a good thing? :hurr:

now I'm even more confused .. lemme go over this to clearify .. person one says oblivion had a ton of mods fr people who wanted them and then says "to those who will be getting it for console" fallowed by a laugh which is hard to read into .. person two "you" says you are glad you are getting it for console .. then I'm reading this and thinking two things .. either he was trying to laugh at the console gamers and you were responding by saying you were glad cause you dont want motor bikes "which doesnt make sense cause no one forces you to use mods" or you and he were thinking that consoles get those mods .. meh .. both cases its a mess of a conversation... bottom line consoles dont get mods "dur" and those who have the PC version dont have to download them if they dont want.

Without reading the rest of the topic let me ask you this.

If you could shoot fireballs and lighting from your hands, would you need a cannon?

Yes fireballs and lightning dont destroy stone walls. And no cannons/guns shouldnt be in the game yet as I pretty much have had to state on every page :facepalm:

There all ready is Fallout. We don't need another free roam RPG with guns.

I dunno, Fallout 3 had an extremely depressing setting and a "scrounge around for stuff just to survive" kinda tone to the gameplay, ESPECIALLY with FWE. A free roam RPG set in a DP (or at least DP-esque) setting with ubiquitous magical guns could be really fascinating. Plus, think of all the awesome stuff that could be put in that kinda thing that wouldn't really fit TES's fantasy or Fallout 3's post-apocalyptic setting. I've always wanted a spelljammer!

If you could shoot fireballs and lighting from your hands, would you need a cannon?

Yes fireballs and lightning dont destroy stone walls. And no cannons/guns shouldnt be in the game yet as I pretty much have had to state on every page :facepalm:

Stone pushed by magic could destroy a wall.

Skyrim isn't the TES game for guns and stuff. Maybe later, but not anytime soon.

Stone pushed by magic could destroy a wall.

Skyrim isn't the TES game for guns and stuff. Maybe later, but not anytime soon.

Which is probably the reason why I dont want them, and the reason I just said shouldnt be in the game. Wow I really cant believe how many times Ive had to say this. Think Im going to ignore this thread from now on as Im fed up of explaining that I dont want guns. I think people just read the word guns in my original post and didnt actually bother to read anything else.

BTW you said fireballs and lightning not telekenisis.

Staffs are the magical equivalent of guns and rocket launchers. Unfortunately they are usually limited to at best semi automatic fire. I would not object to staffs that can shoot the equivalent of fully automatic fire or at least three round bursts. Pelting an area with rapid fire low level flares or a continuous stream of lightning would be cool.

I do not agree with the no cannons in the future idea though. Just make magical ones like the Oblivion Siege Crawler; big, rare and insanely powerful.