500 things you have learned in Oblivion

scarhunter92

To elaborate on my last set:

371. When you're deep in a ruin surrounded by vampires, you never hear your son yell "mom's coming turn it off, turn it off!"

372. After playing Oblivion long enough, you pick up habits, i.e., when the wife is mad at us, my son and I compliment her profusely and tell her jokes, but we always end up just giving her large sums of money.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

373: Shopkeepers will not refuse service to Dremora, but Boethiah does not want them in his tournament.

374: The Daedric Siege Engine is mightier than the Console.

375: The Duke/Duchess of Mania/Dementia is not allowed to visit the headquarters of his personal guards unless he plans to betray them.

376 : Lex gets to be captain of the guard in Leyawiin after doing the thieves guild quest.

377 : Persuasion is different

I'm reading those just now. I'll input some of my own.

378: The finest deal for a sneaky beginner character as far as weapons go- break into the big centre room in the Imperial City Palace & snatch the emperor's staff ;)

379: The the good-for-nothing beggars are infact a hungry vampire's best bet at night.

380: As much as the guards disapprove of you getting on somebody else's horse, they don't seem to mind you riding it 0.O

381: Sadly being a sneaky char doesn't do much good in the arena. :(

382: Looking at an Orc's face, it's hard to tell if an they are glad to see you or not.

383. You can become so powerful that mountain lions, bears, bandits and eventually even humanoid Deadra will not attack you on sight.

384. Despite that, rats and mudcrabs will always charge to their death as if you just stepped out of prison.

385. At high levels, bandits will attack and kill your horse, and then greet you as if nothing just happened.

386. Casting an area-of-affect lightning bolt inside a crowded guard barracks is a lot of fun.

387: The window that lets light into your cell at the beginning of the game does not actually exist in the Imperial City's Prison's Wall, as opposed to what the intro movie would have you believe.

390 - Although you're Madgod now, the Royal Guard in Private Garden(House of Dementia) can be hostile to you.(if you were not Duke/Duchess of Dementia...)

391 - The Sigil Stone in Test Area can give you hundreds of fame(and all kind of Sigil Stones of your level..), but only without Frostcrag. (it seems so)

**P.S.

204: Everyone in Oblivion is between the ages of 15 and 65 unless they are modified physically and/or given a different storyline (In the editor it shows age being a number between 15 and 65)

Actually, it's limitation of Facegen.(you know, this game uses facegen SDK..)

393. You can be anyone you want to be, except an anonymous adventurer.

394. You can become the Arch-Mage of the Mages' Guild without ever having cast a spell without the aid of a scroll, staff, or enchanted item.

-----394a. Even after doing so, your subordinates still won't recognize you as anything but the new guy. Perhaps rightly so.

395. The Blades are utterly and completely incompetent. They rely on a recently-escaped prisoner to deliver everything they need to defeat Mankar Camoran and Mehrunes Dagon... including most of the kills.

396. We don't care that you were in prison yesterday, and were never pardoned or released. You look trustworthy.

397. It is easier to get kicked out of a guild than it is to join it.

-----397a. Don't get kicked out of the Dark Brotherhood unless you sleep with a weapon under your pillow.

398. Nobody in all of Tamriel can sing worth a damn.

399. Mehrunes Dagon, towering daedric lord of destruction, can't keep two frail little mortals from getting inside a temple... even though he and a bunch of his goons are standing in front of the door.

400. Removing the artifact of power from the highest keep will cause all hell to fly off its hinges and collapse.

-----400a. Killing the evil overlord will most often have the same effect.

401. You can run a round in your underwear in the high snowy mountains and not get frostbite- but enter that one magical grove while decked out in your warmest furs, and you're dead from the cold in seconds.

402. Horses can swim, but they can't fight.

-----402a. They do, however, make great decoys. And their corpses are the next best thing to deployable storage chests.

403. Septims don't grow on trees...

-----403a. ...but they do, apparently, grow in ruins that are older than the civilization that mints them.

404. It doesn't matter how stealthy you are, you can't sneak attack with a two-handed weapon. Bummer, that.

405. You can pack in six sets of armor and ten assorted swords and bows, but pick up that fork on the table and you can't lift a foot.

406. Fireballs are fun, but they'd be more fun if the physics allowed for corpse-gibbing.

407. The most annoying single named NPC in the entirety of the game is inevitably the only one capable of respawning if killed.

408. Yes, I saw you walk into that room. Yes, the tenant of that room died while you were in there. No, no-one else has entered or left that room today. Yes, there is blood on your sword. Yes, I am comfortable turning my back on you... after all, the victim didn't see you do it. That would be another matter entirely.

409. Hello, Mr. Minotaur. *poof* you're a wolf! *poof* you're a rat! *poof* you're a mudcrab! Wabbajack is The. Best. Weapon. Ever.