Need help with a door simple door problem.

Linky1

Hey all, I am having trouble making my Hawkhaven remake mod. Simply one of the buildings I have made wont let me enter it, I have linked the doors and everything like I have with previous doors but when I go in it it loads very slightly at the loading screen and then says Oblivion has stopped working.

I have also made buildings before with working doors, I dont see why this one doesn't work. I have linked the interior and exterior doors and have also placed the door markers correctly, slightly of the ground infront of the doors facing away etc. I do use a big variety of mods but other doors I have made and modded places still work, apart from the odd one that crashes once, then works. This one crashes every time. My computer is pretty good like no lag at very high quality with loads off mods and stuff. I have put a modded race person into this building, but it should still work as I have ticked the mod in the CS and in Oblivion.

P:S I am new to modding and may not understand certain things people say, but I will try to listen and understand. Thanks.

Have you tried the door without the custom race person? That would be my first troubleshooting step.

I would but now even the CS refuses to load up this building :( I will keep trying and will get back to you

*Edit* I have also tried loading it last and first and all that junk. Still didn't work.

Edited by Linky1

My thinking when I asked the question was whether your issue stemmed from having the custom race NPC in the building. As far as I know, to get assets (like a custom race) from mod A to work in your mod you'd need to fool the game into thinking the esp you are getting the custom race from is actually a master (esm file). Wrye Bash and TES4Edit have ways of doing this. The Construction Set Wiki has this De-Isolation Tutorial on the subject.

My thinking when I asked the question was whether your issue stemmed from having the custom race NPC in the building. As far as I know, to get assets (like a custom race) from mod A to work in your mod you'd need to fool the game into thinking the esp you are getting the custom race from is actually a master (esm file). Wrye Bash and TES4Edit have ways of doing this. The Construction Set Wiki has this De-Isolation Tutorial on the subject.

Ok thanks, I will get Wrye Bash at some point . I do have OBMM and OBS V 20 . I managed to glitch up the CS but in doing so, it let me in the room. I deleted the custom race person and unglitched the CS. It works now thanks :)

Edit: Gave Kudos! Also thanks for your help and I hope you continue to help people in this way. :)

What do you use, Wyre bash or TES 4 EDIT? Is one better than the other (And for wyre bash, Python and Standalone version?), thanks :)

Edited by Linky1

I currently use neither Wrye Bash or TES4Edits. Those are on my list of things to get around to using this winter. The majority of the mods I use are either home grown (my 'over populating Cyrodiil' project) or ones that add armor/clothes, replace animations, a couple that add new homes and a couple of companion mods. None require the use of a bashed patch (the most common reason for installing Wrye Bash, but not the only reason).

I follow a lot of threads on various issues here, and did see a lot of issues arising from the non-Python version of Wrye Bash when it was first released (I believe that is the 'standalone' version you refer to). I haven't seen much around that issue more recently. The Python versions of Wrye Bash are more particular in how you install them, and I believe that the full install instructions aren't available until after you've run the install program if you opt for the installer version. The download page now includes this link which has install instructions if you scroll down or use the links on the page. It looks very complicated and intimidating (which it is), but it is the Swiss Army Knife of Oblivion. Another useful link, that is now included on the download page is the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide.

I currently use neither Wrye Bash or TES4Edits. Those are on my list of things to get around to using this winter. The majority of the mods I use are either home grown (my 'over populating Cyrodiil' project) or ones that add armor/clothes, replace animations, a couple that add new homes and a couple of companion mods. None require the use of a bashed patch (the most common reason for installing Wrye Bash, but not the only reason).

I follow a lot of threads on various issues here, and did see a lot of issues arising from the non-Python version of Wrye Bash when it was first released (I believe that is the 'standalone' version you refer to). I haven't seen much around that issue more recently. The Python versions of Wrye Bash are more particular in how you install them, and I believe that the full install instructions aren't available until after you've run the install program if you opt for the installer version. The download page now includes this link which has install instructions if you scroll down or use the links on the page. It looks very complicated and intimidating (which it is), but it is the Swiss Army Knife of Oblivion. Another useful link, that is now included on the download page is the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide.

Thanks bud, downloading python version and by 'your over populating cyrodiil' project do you mean you are making it, if so will it be released public? Thanks again :)

I doubt you'll ever see it in a downloadable form. There's nothing sophisticated about it. I just add NPCs to the player owned houses and give them 'lives' using AI packages. They'll wander about town, go to the chapel, pop into the inn for a meal or drink and stuff like that. It was mostly an exercise I used last winter to develop some familiarity with the CS. If I get my butt in gear and start to learn quests and scripts this winter I'll initially use it as a training field. If I have any success I have some ideas for mods I'd like to explore. Those might wind up being of downloadable calibre ... we'll see if I get my head around scripting. The quest tutorials I've read seem straight forward enough, it's scripting that will be my biggest hurtle.

I doubt you'll ever see it in a downloadable form. There's nothing sophisticated about it. I just add NPCs to the player owned houses and give them 'lives' using AI packages. They'll wander about town, go to the chapel, pop into the inn for a meal or drink and stuff like that. It was mostly an exercise I used last winter to develop some familiarity with the CS. If I get my butt in gear and start to learn quests and scripts this winter I'll initially use it as a training field. If I have any success I have some ideas for mods I'd like to explore. Those might wind up being of downloadable calibre ... we'll see if I get my head around scripting. The quest tutorials I've read seem straight forward enough, it's scripting that will be my biggest hurtle.

Cool, good luck! I have done a little of scripting and questing myself, and the quest seems straightforward but I have had big problems with it, and yes the scripting is quite difficult at first, but if you get the hang of itthen it will be a breeze :)