OOO- Light of Dawn not working

diosoth

I'm running Oblivion, patched to current, with Shivering Isles, KotN and all DLC installed. Mods I'm running are OOO(current release), Exnem's Female Eye Candy, Exnemized OOO Armor, Exnemized Reznod Mannequins,and the character generate amulet(to tweak some character appearance faults I didn't like). Only outside programs I run are OBMM, plus I have OBSE installed in case any mod I were to install may need it. As it is, the Light of Dawn sword/quest aren't working. I got the sword by sneaking into Nornalhorst with a 100% Chameleon suit(legally made with 3 25% sigil stones and Khajiiti Ring from the Daedric quest). I'm not getting a kill count, no quest notifications even after reading the associated book, and no effects with the sword. I have to think that somehow, the quest is broken. I've moved OOO in the load order and saw no changes. Volmyr is still alive, if it matters. I did not kill him yet.

I was able to do the Dread Armor quest properly so I'm not sure why this one isn't working.

My suggestion is to drop the sword, kill Lord Volmyr, and then pick it up and see if that works. Also, run BOSS if you have it, and rebuild your bashed patch, if you use Wrye Bash.

Hope it helps. :thumbsup:

You say you have OBSE installed, did you modify your icon to start the game with the obse_loader.exe? If you didn't and are not starting the game through Wrye or OBMM then you are not actually using it. I don't think this would have any effect on the quest, just pointing this out.

The sword is zero weight and a quest item, so it can't be dropped.

I don't load through OBSE, though none of the mods I run require it so I don't use it, I installed it to test out a few mods which I didn't keep. I use OBMM when I need to install a new mod or change load order, otherwise I just load the basic oblivon.exe normally as it seems to abide by OBMM's setup. I did test with OBMM loading though and changing OOO load order and that did nothing. I do not have Wyre Bash installed, I haven't had a need to install it(I typically make sure I have whatever a mod says is required for it to run). Whenever I install a new mod I make backups of saves plus copies of any data folders that will be altered, should anything break/not meet my tastes and need to be removed.

There are console commands to show the stage of the quest you are talking about as well as a command to advance the quest to the next stage. I am not familiar with the exact commands, but you should be able to find them if you do a search on the net for oblivion console commands.