Armor that the Nord in the demo was wearing?

BuckeyeTiba

it was confirmed by Todd or Pete that smithing only changes stats of weapons and armor. you can create armors and weapons but once finished they would look like any other iron sword or axe in game. ( or steel, based on whatever metal you use to make it).

Where does he say "only"? In what context? Relative/pertinent to what? Unless the preceding question was, "Will the armor look different when upgraded?", this statement has no bearing on that dimension of the subject.

there were a lot of talks about this and for awhile I thought the same .. I still have my fingers crossed they might do somethings like this in a mod but its not in the game .. todd has stated that they put a lot more work on the weapons and armors so when you find a unique one it will look different .. this might explain the "freak" amrors that have shown up .. or maybe they are just changes since the game isnt finished .. who knows .. but its not from smithing sadly :/

Oh, OK. Well that makes sense then. Thank you for clearing that up.

It's weird how the Elven armor actually looks heavy. So the nature of the armor, has nothing to do with how it looks, but by what material its made from?

In Oblivion, armor was arranged like this:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Glass_Armor#Light_Armor_Images

wow .. its easy to forget how ugly some of those models were in oblivion .. the elven armor looks ten times better... but yea .. keep in ming that elven light is still better than iron heavy .. at least in theory .. its all about material and lvl .. not coverage.

And why assume that elven is light, just because it was in Oblivion?

The Skill menu in the QuakeCon video showed us descriptions on the skills:

Heavy Armor

Those trained to use Heavy Armor make more effective use of Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony, and Daedric armors.

Light Armor

Those trained to use Light Armor make more effective use of Hide, Leather, Elven, and Glass armors.

Link.

I really wish there were "thinner" (light armor) and also "thicker" (heavy armor) versions of every material. It would make a lot of sense, though I suppose it could also lend to some confusion...

Edited by natelovesyou

Why? Because the Skill menu in the QuakeCon video said so. That's why.

Heavy Armor

Those trained to use Heavy Armor make more effective use of Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony, and Daedric armors.

Light Armor

Those trained to use Light Armor make more effective use of Hide, Leather, Elven, and Glass armors.

Link.

Dude, we settled the matter with the Elven armor, like... fifteen posts ago. I've GOT it.

Why? Because the Skill menu in the QuakeCon video said so. That's why.

Heavy Armor

Light Armor

Link.

Dude, we settled the matter with the Elven armor, like... fifteen posts ago. I've GOT it.

Sorry, I jumped to a conclusion that I didn't need to assume (that you had been rude). My bad man. I did fix my post in time I had thought after having read the remaining posts.

ha! youre double wrong the armor worn by dragon born in the demo was iron (look at my coment all the way to the bottom) and what you said that was heavy was elven armor wich is light armor not haiting on your coment just letting you know it was heavy armor at the end