Armor that the Nord in the demo was wearing?

BuckeyeTiba

the armor in the demo was leather=light .. also the pic post 2 showed was elven .. also light .. the iron armor they have shown in some demos looks a lot like the leather but the leather doesnt have a chest plate .. the "promo" pics they have shown with the pre rendered viking guy have all been light leather armor.

Look carefully, the promo guy is wearing hide armor (that Arvel is wearing), but in the demo, he's wearing a different set (apart from the helmet and gauntlets, which are the same). He's wearing an iron breastplate (and by extension, Iron Armor). Both sets of armor have a lot of scruffy fur trim, so it's easy to overlook the fact that they're different armors. Look REALLY carefully.

And why assume that elven is light, just because it was in Oblivion?

Thats exactly what I said .. the one shown in some demos is iron but looks a lot like leather .. the promo nord is leather though .. and I'm going to assume elven is light because it is.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110912211019/elderscrolls/images/a/ac/Elven_Armor.jpg

the armor in the demo was leather=light .. also the pic post 2 showed was elven .. also light .. the iron armor they have shown in some demos looks a lot like the leather but the leather doesnt have a chest plate .. the "promo" pics they have shown with the pre rendered viking guy have all been light leather armor.

Look carefully, the promo guy is wearing hide armor (that Arvel is wearing), but in the demo, he's wearing a different set (apart from the helmet and gauntlets, which are the same). He's wearing an iron breastplate (and by extension, Iron Armor). Both sets of armor have a lot of scruffy fur trim, so it's easy to overlook the fact that they're different armors. Look REALLY carefully.

And why assume that elven is light, just because it was in Oblivion?

Thats exactly what I said .. the one shown in some demos is iron but looks a lot like leather .. the promo nord is leather though .. and I'm going to assume elven is light because it is.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110912211019/elderscrolls/images/a/ac/Elven_Armor.jpg

Why did you say that the armor in the demo was "leather=light", when it isn't? You said that right in the beginning of your post.

Thanks for clearing up the Elven Armor thing.

Edited by Jermungand

thats a tuff question but i finally found out its iron armor you can tell by his spaulder and full back armor because leather and fur armor have just belts and stuff but the back its still a bit naked and in the demo while its skipping around hes inventory you can see "iron armor iron boots iron helment" selected you can tell its selected by a small arrow looking gap and i also found out that his horned helm is also iron by looking at that so... iron belivers won leather believers lost

see some images of iron and leather armor

leather armor

http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?q=spider+hero+skyrim&um=1&hl=es&sa=N&rlz=1C1TSND_enMX410MX410&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=gCJBMZlDOxpiSM:&imgrefurl=http://pc.gamersmafia.com/noticias/show/40905&docid=7NDatzyMPZM2eM&itg=1&w=1280&h=720&ei=Du2MTvS6IpSosAKPndzYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=541&vpy=167&dur=868&hovh=168&hovw=300&tx=105&ty=88&page=1&tbnh=110&tbnw=196&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

iron armor

http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?q=spider+hero+skyrim&um=1&hl=es&sa=N&rlz=1C1TSND_enMX410MX410&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=IS-R_-w6eYgkYM:&imgrefurl=http://xboxgo.es/25427/avance-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-apartado-jugable/&docid=-bXZD-_QTjWAXM&w=500&h=281&ei=Du2MTvS6IpSosAKPndzYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=519&vpy=282&dur=412&hovh=137&hovw=245&tx=111&ty=61&page=2&tbnh=104&tbnw=185&start=18&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:18

The first one you've linked is Iron Armor, and therefore heavy. It's got a lot of fur trim because it's Skyrim-style.

The second one is definitely heavy, but not of iron (think it's Elvish). It's probably been fully upgraded with the smithing skill (because of the coverage).

You are giving Bethesda games way too much credit in thinking that the appearance of armors is modifiable in game via a skill. We have no confirmation of such a feature being in the game. As far as we know smithing only creates or alters items armor ratings.

thats a tuff question but i finally found out its iron armor you can tell by his spaulder and full back armor because leather and fur armor have just belts and stuff but the back its still a bit naked and in the demo while its skipping around hes inventory you can see "iron armor iron boots iron helment" selected you can tell its selected by a small arrow looking gap and i also found out that his horned helm is also iron by looking at that so... iron belivers won leather believers lost

see some images of iron and leather armor

leather armor

http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?q=spider+hero+skyrim&um=1&hl=es&sa=N&rlz=1C1TSND_enMX410MX410&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=gCJBMZlDOxpiSM:&imgrefurl=http://pc.gamersmafia.com/noticias/show/40905&docid=7NDatzyMPZM2eM&itg=1&w=1280&h=720&ei=Du2MTvS6IpSosAKPndzYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=541&vpy=167&dur=868&hovh=168&hovw=300&tx=105&ty=88&page=1&tbnh=110&tbnw=196&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

iron armor

http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?q=spider+hero+skyrim&um=1&hl=es&sa=N&rlz=1C1TSND_enMX410MX410&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=IS-R_-w6eYgkYM:&imgrefurl=http://xboxgo.es/25427/avance-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-apartado-jugable/&docid=-bXZD-_QTjWAXM&w=500&h=281&ei=Du2MTvS6IpSosAKPndzYBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=519&vpy=282&dur=412&hovh=137&hovw=245&tx=111&ty=61&page=2&tbnh=104&tbnw=185&start=18&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:18

Yes! Now go check out the orc boss with the warhammer. Notice that his armor is exactly the same, down to EVERY detail, EXCEPT it has pauldrons together with straps connecting them to the breastplate.

There's a smithing skill that upgrades your armor. What would you conclude from this?

it was confirmed by Todd or Pete that smithing only changes stats of weapons and armor. you can create armors and weapons but once finished they would look like any other iron sword or axe in game. ( or steel, based on whatever metal you use to make it).

The first one you've linked is Iron Armor, and therefore heavy. It's got a lot of fur trim because it's Skyrim-style.

The second one is definitely heavy, but not of iron (think it's Elvish). It's probably been fully upgraded with the smithing skill (because of the coverage).

You are giving Bethesda games way too much credit in thinking that the appearance of armors is modifiable in game via a skill. We have no confirmation of such a feature being in the game. As far as we know smithing only creates or alters items armor ratings.

about a month ago a bunch of us were talking about this .. it was right when the reviewer character screen hit the net and everyone noticed that a lot of the armors looked alike but slightly different .. I put together a collection of all the armors and pointed out that there were only two armors that really looked different from the others .. then someone from bethesda confirmed that armor didnt change appearance from smithing .. so this is a confirmed no .. wish I had the source but this was awhile ago and Ive been fallowing every detail so closely that I cant remember where I hear things from.. could have been an interview from howard .. a tweet from pete .. or maybe it was from the art director .. cant recall but I know the rumors from the facts .. and this is a fact .. no visual changes in armor from smithing .. sorry

it was confirmed by Todd or Pete that smithing only changes stats of weapons and armor. you can create armors and weapons but once finished they would look like any other iron sword or axe in game. ( or steel, based on whatever metal you use to make it).

Where does he say "only"? In what context? Relative/pertinent to what? Unless the preceding question was, "Will the armor look different when upgraded?", this statement has no bearing on that dimension of the subject.

about a month ago a bunch of us were talking about this .. it was right when the reviewer character screen hit the net and everyone noticed that a lot of the armors looked alike but slightly different .. I put together a collection of all the armors and pointed out that there were only two armors that really looked different from the others .. then someone from bethesda confirmed that armor didnt change appearance from smithing .. so this is a confirmed no .. wish I had the source but this was awhile ago and Ive been fallowing every detail so closely that I cant remember where I hear things from.. could have been an interview from howard .. a tweet from pete .. or maybe it was from the art director .. cant recall but I know the rumors from the facts .. and this is a fact .. no visual changes in armor from smithing .. sorry

You mean Bethesda, for the very first time, decided to fill the game with armor sets that are near copies of each other? That's a major departure from the usual design, and a nightmarish one too.

I'm not doubting your credibility, but SERIOUSLY??????

Where does he say "only"? In what context? Relative/pertinent to what? Unless the preceding question was, "Will the armor look different when upgraded?", this statement has no bearing on that dimension of the subject.

there were a lot of talks about this and for awhile I thought the same .. I still have my fingers crossed they might do somethings like this in a mod but its not in the game .. todd has stated that they put a lot more work on the weapons and armors so when you find a unique one it will look different .. this might explain the "freak" amrors that have shown up .. or maybe they are just changes since the game isnt finished .. who knows .. but its not from smithing sadly :/