Moon and Star

darkedge42392

Hey guys. I'd like to ask someone if they're interested in making Moon and Star for me for a quest mod I have in mind. I'd really appreciate it if this could get done, as my Blender skills are zero. >.<

A silver ring upon which were set a crescent moon and a starburst.

Thanks guys! :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries. I need the practice!

Another quicky: Do you want me to keep it exactly as the reference? Since both the mooncrest and star is quite low poly, but does got a specific shape. I could round it up, or make it more plain. Though I believe a "round" looks looks more elegant.

Give me a hour, and I will have something to show you! Got some other stuff to take care of first.

EDIT: Just a quick showoff. There is something I do not like about it. It's.. too simple looking? mm... Well, you decide where to go from here.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/305/ring1cl.jpg

Cheers,

Matth

Edited by Matth80

Very nice start. Looking good so far. =D

The more I look at t the more perfect it looks. All I can advise is a slightly thinner band, and more shiny/metallic texture. Looking closely at the image on the page, is it just me, or is there a 'blue-sh' gem in the center? Perhaps representing Azura? Can't quite tell since the original Morrowind ring is so low res lol. =)

Edit3; Ack, just noticed, the star has one too many 'points'. Its suposed to be a five-pointed star.

Edited by Alixen

I seem to have gotte some account problems with my other account, Matth80. For some reason I am locked out of everything. Nevertheless:

Its suposed to be a five-pointed star.

How did I miss that.... >.< will fix!

The more I look at t the more perfect it looks. All I can advise is a slightly thinner band, and more shiny/metallic texture. Looking closely at the image on the page, is it just me, or is there a 'blue-sh' gem in the center?

It got no texture yet. This is the high poly model, meaning no texture or anything. The metallic texture will be fixed when I get to it :)

The color will be changed, the texture will be added, the shine will be added. For now, I focus on the model itself. And so far the only thing wrong, is me missing the obvious 5-point-star?

EDIT: The gem looks like it's black, with a blue tint. Or dark blue? It is at least very dark in the reference I've collected.

Cheers,

Matth

Edited by Matth85