Moon and Star

darkedge42392

I seem to have gotte some account problems with my other account, Matth80. For some reason I am locked out of everything. Nevertheless:

Its suposed to be a five-pointed star.

How did I miss that.... >.< will fix!

The more I look at t the more perfect it looks. All I can advise is a slightly thinner band, and more shiny/metallic texture. Looking closely at the image on the page, is it just me, or is there a 'blue-sh' gem in the center?

It got no texture yet. This is the high poly model, meaning no texture or anything. The metallic texture will be fixed when I get to it :)

The color will be changed, the texture will be added, the shine will be added. For now, I focus on the model itself. And so far the only thing wrong, is me missing the obvious 5-point-star?

EDIT: The gem looks like it's black, with a blue tint. Or dark blue? It is at least very dark in the reference I've collected.

Cheers,

Matth

Hate account problems^^

Don't worry, I missed it the first few times I looked too. It looked great, but there was something off besides the size of the band. Then it clicked clicked, and I checked the points.

I don't know much about 3D models (though I recently bought some books to learn) and assumed it was already a little textured snce it has a 'shine' to it. Yup, far as I can see it looks amazing, aside from the star thing. Yeah, i'd say either dark-blue or black with a blue-tint, but you guess is as good as mine.

Honestly, it looks great, even correctly aligned aside from the extra point at the bottom. As I noted before, all I can advise is a slightly thinner band.

Edited by Alixen

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the star fixed. Easy stuff.

And no, it does not got any texture, just a material. This is because I want to be able to see how it would look with some color. The texture will be a lot more detailed with a lot more details :)

I will make the band thinner, no problems. I wonder, though, is the Starburst - Mooncrest ratio okay? It's hard to figure it out from the picture itself.

New picture, with all new star! :)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1258/ring1qk.jpg

Cheers,

Matth

Actually, that looks asthetically perfect, and anything more would just be nitpicking, that looks fantastic.

My Nerevarine will be proud to wear that while serving as Martin's errand boy.

Edited by Alixen

Give me a few houres. Have to finish the mode, install Oblivion, install the CS, install plugins and nifskope. Then I can add it in-game :P

I'll provide a link when I am done.

Cheers,

Matth

Thanks Matth. Don't suppose it could also have the enchantments? xD

I agree myrmaad. It is odd that it wasn't done before, since plenty of people like to play the same character from Morrowind to Oblivion. I mean, even if you don't, getting that ring was such a special moment that it makes a nice momento. Just hope it won't take this long in Skyrim, hehe.

Edited by Alixen

I won't be able to finish this today. My charger died in the middle of texturing, so I need to get a new one.

I was going to ask which enchancement/weight it should have. The same as the orginal I assume.

And don't worry, if nobody else make this for Skyrim, I'll just update this ring with a few more polygons, and port it over :)

Cheers,

Matth

Shame about your charger. Hope it isn't too expensive. =(

Yeah, I personally reckon the same as the original, since they are really just there for flavor. Oblivion isn't exactly demanding on the personality and speechcraft front, hehe.

Glad your willing to port it to Skyrim when the time comes. Suddenly my Nerevarine has gone from leaving everything behind to go to Cyrodiil, to carrying the Moon-and-Star as memory though Oblivion and potentially Skyrim too. Awesome. =D

Managed to get another charger, so I've textured it.

I want hard critisism here. And I mean hard. I find the silver texture to look.. slightly wrong. But, it is just a ring. I am not sure how much effort I should put into the silver? The gold is easy, as I know how gold looks. Silver looks like normal steel, only a more white tint. Thus it looks like lighter steel. Usuaully silver got no scratches, but that would be too boring.

I also want to ask: Is the tint of the gem a little too much?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5301/ring1e.jpg

P.S. Yes, I know it looks somewhat off right now. The light set-up I used inside 3ds max was crap in this picture.

Cheers,

Matth