Improvised Weaponry/ TOWN BELLS

TroloWiseEared

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which concept do you like the most(read first)

• The Guard Horn
    • Improvised Weaponry
    • The Town Bell

What do you think of the idea of npcs being able to equip normal items as improvised weaponry?

When under attack, npc villagers usually either flee, or come at you with their fists. A very few may have a shortsword at their side, but in most cases, villagers are easily slaughtered due to the fact that they can only fight with their fists. Now, fists cant block in Skyrim, so it would seem they would always be fighting an up-hill battle.

Now we know that npcs can now equip weapons they find lying around, but weapons are rare to be found in a town like Riverwood. unless you head to the blacksmith.

So i propose this-Code NPC'S the ability to equip ordinary tools as improvised weaponry.

----------

2 HANDED

Shovels

Pitchforks

Long wooden Brooms

Pick axes

Wood Splitting axes

-------------------

1 HANDED

Smithing tools

Torchs

Walking sticks(staves w/ Bow bash animation)

Kitchen cutlery-Daggers

--------------------------------

Hunting Bows

--------------------

Rocks lying on the ground-CONFIRMED

-------------

Now they will only use these tools in emergencies and to defend themselves. When the hostilities cease, the improvised weapon will be unequiped and respawned in their previous placement.(as to avoid sheathed brooms on peoples backs & a lot of missing farm tools)

The weapons give them a tool to block with and, the a better ranged attack.

The weapons are coded as regular weapons primarily. They are simply re-skinned and textured but remain the same coding as conventional weapons.

---------------------------

----------------------------

TOWN BELL

When a threatening number of hostile aggresors(wolves, bandits, dragon)

are spotted by an npc. code the primary objective of that npc to RUN TO THE TOWNS BELL AND RING IT.

(instead of engaging the aggressors)

If they reach it, a loud bell will echo through town.

During times of emergency in villages,(WHEN THE BELL IS RUNG) code the villagers to attempt to head towards the local blacksmith or armory and equip themselves with conventional weapons.

Or to head indoors and lock the door.

AS WELL- code certain npcs to take upon themselves more than 1 weapon, and have them distribute their extra weapons to unarmed civilians.

-

The same concept should apply to cities/Military Forts/and guard outposts.

-----------------------

---------------------

The Guard Horn

-The GH is a tool that hangs VISIBLY on the side of some guards.

When a guard carrying a horn spots an aggresor,Thief, or group of aggresors he will enter an animation where he blows the horn.

Doing this causes all guards in the immediate vicinity to ammass on the location the horn was blown.

The horn is NOT ON ALL GUARDS. You will see the horn hang visibly from their side.

If you eliminate the guard before he blows the horn, then no one will know.

A Guard will not blow the horn if he thinks he can beat the threat by himself.

The player can use the horn as a diversion as well

Edited by TroloWiseEared

I love this idea. Some people may not have a weapon on hand, or were disarmed, so grabbing a shovel or something would be cool and immersive. Being able to do the same might be fun. :] And I like the guard horns, this should be a mod, NO doubt.

All of the ideas are great, and possibly useful in separate areas. Fort = horn, city= bell, village = improvised weapons.

My vote is for weapons though... if it isnt in already I would be rather disappointed. A scythe or a pickaxe DB guy would be awesome.

Edited by Odai

All of the ideas are great, and possibly useful in separate areas. Fort = horn, city= bell, village = improvised weapons.

My vote is for weapons though... if it isnt in already I would be rather disappointed. A scythe or a pickaxe DB guy would be awesome.

The downside to using improvised weaponry should be a high chance of being disarmed.

As even someone who is trained with 2 handed may have an extremely hard time Graping a pichfork.

The problem with this idea is, trying to not make it look rediculous

I love the improvised weaponry the most. It's stupid how if an NPC is being attack they don't at least grab something to stand a chance. Though you could implement that with the town bell as well. I mean not everyone can get a pretty descent weapon lol it would be funny to see a person fighting off a wolf or bear with a broom or frying pan XD

Guard horn makes a lot more sense. I always wondered how if a guard attacked you, how he had so much backup so quickly without calling anyone.