No Display Cabinet Sound

sorceress99

I a unable to get any of the double glass doors based on the Umbacano display cabinet design to make a sound when opening and closing. All other doors and container sounds are working and the display open/close sounds are working on other furniture. The SI double door cabinet based on the same design does work so it is an Oblivion issue. They had been working earlier, but I am doing some modding and have used the Umbacano cabinet and doors in my mod. Something I have done has disabled the sounds for the cabinet. In the CS there are no sounds assigned to the cabinet, but adding them made no difference. I can't seem to find the problem. Anone know a fix for this?

There was a thread about something like this on the beth forums recently. Seems that some of the doors have no "nodes" or something... in the mesh to deal with sound. I don't even pretend to understand.... Does his cabinet make sounds when HE opens it?? I don't recall.

There was a thread about something like this on the beth forums recently. Seems that some of the doors have no "nodes" or something... in the mesh to deal with sound. I don't even pretend to understand.... Does his cabinet make sounds when HE opens it?? I don't recall.

Yes they did make the sound but not now. I looked in the forums for a thread but didn't see one. Might have missed it though.

If a mesh is messed up so that it won't make sounds, then you can apply a script to it to do the same thing:

SCN AAMyNoisyCabinetNeedsItsHingesOiled

; Object script applied to container.

Begin OnActivate
    PlaySound DRSCabinetOpen
End

Edited by David Brasher