type of skyrim sword

dapdelval

sure it looks like it but is a bit to fantasy looking but i bet there will be although almost all weapons seem a lot like fantasy unlike oblivions(atleast from level 1 - 12 that is)

but one thing that bugs me is that skyrim looks more primitive hat oblivion and its supposed to be 200 years of diference i just dont get that

I think they were going for a viking type feel and the stereotypical viking looks pretty rough and primitive.

Cyrodil might just be farther ahead than Skyrim by technology standards also.

^Exactly

My bet is that the middle guy started with Oblivion. Cyrodiil is the Capitol province, its supposed to be snobs and nice. Even the ghettos were nice and friendly.

Morrowind was rough. You could feel the coarseness of the environment. It was like a world out of starwars.

Skyrim is a war-torn nation with different Jarls vying for power. And this is after Oblivion where the Empire dissolved and any sense of civility vanished.

sure it looks like it but is a bit to fantasy looking but i bet there will be although almost all weapons seem a lot like fantasy unlike oblivions(atleast from level 1 - 12 that is)

but one thing that bugs me is that skyrim looks more primitive hat oblivion and its supposed to be 200 years of diference i just dont get that

I think they were going for a viking type feel and the stereotypical viking looks pretty rough and primitive.

well yeah nords of course there viking looking but otherthings that i found out is that oblivion was a little bit more primitive looking than morrowind a;right there were no spears no darts no crossbows (especially cross bows) no other variations of katanas from dai katana katana goldbrand and ebony blade in morrowind there were tantos ninjato looking katanas and a couple of more things that i might have missed espacially the more kinds of armor and weapons

another thing is that i hate that in morrowind all armor was separated(like it should be) spaulders greaves gauntelets etc but in pblivion they sumed up the spaulders with the curiass and now in skyrim there adding up the greaves as well aarrrrggghhh ... oh and the armor looks more primitive as well i mean sure skyrims elven armor is way better than oblivions elven armor o and the cities look a bit primitive compared to most oblivion cities and dont get me started on the habilities oh and one more thing i wish they could include a little bit of free runing like beeing able to grab ontoo the ledges of roofs or cliffs and also being able to climb trees and mountains holding on with your hands wich i know theyre not included in skyrim and last thing they should really fix the reality of combat like the area for example if you slice through the neck it should be an instant kill or shooting an arrow in the head should be a kill unlicke in oblivion and morrowind and details that makes them a bit more realistic like in call of duty if you hit a guy in the leg its not a kill but a single shot in the head its a good bye bang but no matter where you hit them in oblivion the damage result is the same

haha its funny how i got from a simple evolution question to a hole argument

I don't do this very often, but...good lord, did you ever learn punctuation and grammar? Your post is way too painful to read.

very good guess and it seems very reasonable thanks

^Exactly

My bet is that the middle guy started with Oblivion. Cyrodiil is the Capitol province, its supposed to be snobs and nice. Even the ghettos were nice and friendly.

Morrowind was rough. You could feel the coarseness of the environment. It was like a world out of starwars.

Skyrim is a war-torn nation with different Jarls vying for power. And this is after Oblivion where the Empire dissolved and any sense of civility vanished.

yeah thats right allthough there were cross bows speres darts and more weapons kinds of weapons and armor than in oblivion and specially crossbows there should be cross bows in oblivion more than in morrowind and there chould be more crossbows in skyrim more than in oblivion and morrowind

but the empire falling apart is a vary good explanation for all that good indeed

Scandinavians were expert metal smiths, far far from primitive.

nono what i meant is the diference of armor and weapons look at the iron armor from skyrim and oblivion looks like oblivion came 200 years after skyrim we do not mean anithing about the cuality of the metal jus the armor form

-CUT

Morrowind was only a few years before Oblivion. So in the end there is no real time-difference.

As for spears and crossbows and darts etc... Dunmer represent Middleeast/ Asia culture. Spears and thrown weapons are a big cultural thing.

Crossbows were Dwemer craftmenship and even then there were bows more powerful, though less consistent.

Oblivion doesnt have dwemer ruins, and crossbows arent as easy/ cheap to make as a bow is. Since the only other crossbow is Imperial that suggests its legion made. Bows were made over crossbows because of comfort, reliability and cheap craftability.

Skyrim has a return of Dwemer, and try and find it... they havent refuted crossbows directly yet

Also... guns are pointless in a world of magic, so stick with cheap and consistent :)

Edited by Odai

Scandinavians were expert metal smiths, far far from primitive.

nono what i meant is the diference of armor and weapons look at the iron armor from skyrim and oblivion looks like oblivion came 200 years after skyrim we do not mean anithing about the cuality of the metal jus the armor form

Yeah primitive was a bad word choice...my bad . I was just trying to say that Skyrim is a much tougher place than Cyrodil.