Skyrim Manual Leaked

goobetvoltage

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... anyone else notice the lack of info on races, skills and spells. Things usually in the manual.

Yeah, something tells me that this was "leaked" on purpose with select things removed...Because those things would def. be in the manual...

Things confirmed by the manual

Things you place in crates are subject to disappearing with respawn -

Maximum carry weight is determined by stamina

compass flashes while recharging shouts

Brawling is a dialogue option

Bartering is similar to if not identical to the FO3 system

Items given or taken from an allies inventory are "gifts"... they also have an apparent separate inventory only for holding your items

When commanding followers you can order them to

- wait in a specific location, - use an item in the world (lever or chair), -attack a specific enemy,- Open a locked door or container, -pick up items in the world

YOU are responsible for their crimes. Not all companions can be ordered.

---

Power attacks to double damage and have increased staggering

Yielding ONLY by sheathing your weapon (no protection)

Enemies react to environmental sounds (arrows and traps)

While pickpocketing, just looking at the inventory isnt a crime

While in jail you dont lose your skill in anything, but the progress towards your next skill increases are all zeroed

There are "unknown potions"

Things confirmed by the manual

Things you place in crates are subject to disappearing with respawn -

Maximum carry weight is determined by stamina

compass flashes while recharging shouts

Brawling is a dialogue option

Bartering is similar to if not identical to the FO3 system

Items given or taken from an allies inventory are "gifts"... they also have an apparent separate inventory only for holding your items

When commanding followers you can order them to

- wait in a specific location, - use an item in the world (lever or chair), -attack a specific enemy,- Open a locked door or container, -pick up items in the world

YOU are responsible for their crimes. Not all companions can be ordered.

---

Power attacks to double damage and have increased staggering

Yielding ONLY by sheathing your weapon (no protection)

Enemies react to environmental sounds (arrows and traps)

While pickpocketing, just looking at the inventory isnt a crime

While in jail you dont lose your skill in anything, but the progress towards your next skill increases are all zeroed

There are "unknown potions"

I read that inventory thing differently .. There isn't a different inventory for fallowers and things they hold for you .. but instead there are different types of followers .. hired followers will hold things and allow inventory access .. friendship followers will give and take gifts but not give you inventory access.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5859263/drink.jpg

ALRIGHT! Work's over, my best friend has been poured on the rocks, and its ON for Skyrim manual! <3

Alright, as I'm typing this and looking at the screens, I have the Skyrim theme on a loop... the stage is set and everything is ready for awesomeness!

Stuff I Noticed from the Manual that was new to me & assorted miscellaneous comments :)

- Cooking is like in Fallout: NV. Set recipes, usable at set locations. "Auto-inject Stimpack: One banana, tweezers, and a HIV-infected discarded needle, campfire only." :tongue:

- Compass shows enemies ala Fallout not just landmarks

- Compass now lets you know if you'll have to go into another area before you reach a quest marker

- A cryptic lore-sidebar suggests that perhaps ANY Dragonborn could relit the Dragonfires and become Emperor... but its not sure

- Not new but trainers and skill books are of course back. The Achievements leak tells us there is at least 50 Skill Books in Skyrim.

- We had been told that Destruction and Restoration "two-hand casting" was inborn, but the manual says we have to buy Destro 2-hand casting. My guess is that they had given that one for free in the demo build for conventions to show 2-hand magic.

- A screenshot shows carry weight as 110/300 whilst the other shots that come with it all show a starting character (15 conjuration) and on that very shot the player only has 29 gold. It is my theory that 300 is the Starting Default Weight, for characters with exactly 100 Stamina. (Stamina determines capacity). Its likely that it doesn't scale linearly, but if it did, it would mean every level up put into Stamina (10 points), could potentially raise capacity by 30 points. I expect its probably more like Capacity = ( 200 + Stamina ). Time will tell.

- Xbox controls are so bad compared to a keyboard, I had to chug on my drink three times before moving to the next slide.

- Houses, Horses and books work exactly like in Oblivion

- I think we already knew this: but Spell Tomes are in as a way to learn new spells, ala the Oblivion DLC.

- The shout timer is based on the Compass flashing or not. Ie, once its not flashing, you can shout again.

- I just had an amazing idea for shouts and spellcasting and you'll have to wait to see what I have in mind :D

- Fast travel exactly like Oblivion ... :/

- BRAWLS as a replacement for persuasion hahahaHAHAHAHA. SOOOOOOO cheesy :X The Witcher flashbacks are strong with this one.

- Follower/hireling system seems decently fleshed out, and probably oinked from Fallout quite thoroughly.

- Partially opened eye thing for stealth isn't new per se but its nice to see it explained clearly. I think itll make stealth more fun/realistic than the old all-or-nothing eye.

- Successful sneak attacks now increase Stealth skill!

- You can lure enemies in the wrong spot by creating sounds like throwing something away from you.. we couldnt do that in Oblivion could we? Reminds me of VTM: Bloodlines.

- Theres no mention of a force-lock type option on the lockpick minigame and no auto-attempt. Looks like everyone HAS to learn this one now :)

- The Witness and 9 Holds system should rock. If the guards aren't psychic either, being a thief should be real fun.

And thats it for now! Cool manual... now all we need is a leaked GAME :D

I'm 100% sure that this isn't the whole game guide. We will most likely see some new Skyrim information on all the Races, etc like Oblivion. And we don't see any information on Vampires, and no hints of werewolves. This was supposed to be leaked somehow, made in a professional way. Otherwise the bloke would've looked up all the new information people really want.

At least that's what I think.

Edited by hejpadig

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5859263/drink.jpg

ALRIGHT! Work's over, my best friend has been poured on the rocks, and its ON for Skyrim manual! <3

Alright, as I'm typing this and looking at the screens, I have the Skyrim theme on a loop... the stage is set and everything is ready for awesomeness!

Stuff I Noticed from the Manual that was new to me & assorted miscellaneous comments :)

- Cooking is like in Fallout: NV. Set recipes, usable at set locations. "Auto-inject Stimpack: One banana, tweezers, and a HIV-infected discarded needle, campfire only." :tongue:

- Compass shows enemies ala Fallout not just landmarks

- Compass now lets you know if you'll have to go into another area before you reach a quest marker

- A cryptic lore-sidebar suggests that perhaps ANY Dragonborn could relit the Dragonfires and become Emperor... but its not sure

- Not new but trainers and skill books are of course back. The Achievements leak tells us there is at least 50 Skill Books in Skyrim.

- We had been told that Destruction and Restoration "two-hand casting" was inborn, but the manual says we have to buy Destro 2-hand casting. My guess is that they had given that one for free in the demo build for conventions to show 2-hand magic.

- A screenshot shows carry weight as 110/300 whilst the other shots that come with it all show a starting character (15 conjuration) and on that very shot the player only has 29 gold. It is my theory that 300 is the Starting Default Weight, for characters with exactly 100 Stamina. (Stamina determines capacity). Its likely that it doesn't scale linearly, but if it did, it would mean every level up put into Stamina (10 points), could potentially raise capacity by 30 points. I expect its probably more like Capacity = ( 200 + Stamina ). Time will tell.

- Xbox controls are so bad compared to a keyboard, I had to chug on my drink three times before moving to the next slide.

- Houses, Horses and books work exactly like in Oblivion

- I think we already knew this: but Spell Tomes are in as a way to learn new spells, ala the Oblivion DLC.

- The shout timer is based on the Compass flashing or not. Ie, once its not flashing, you can shout again.

- I just had an amazing idea for shouts and spellcasting and you'll have to wait to see what I have in mind :D

- Fast travel exactly like Oblivion ... :/

- BRAWLS as a replacement for persuasion hahahaHAHAHAHA. SOOOOOOO cheesy :X The Witcher flashbacks are strong with this one.

- Follower/hireling system seems decently fleshed out, and probably oinked from Fallout quite thoroughly.

- Partially opened eye thing for stealth isn't new per se but its nice to see it explained clearly. I think itll make stealth more fun/realistic than the old all-or-nothing eye.

- Successful sneak attacks now increase Stealth skill!

- You can lure enemies in the wrong spot by creating sounds like throwing something away from you.. we couldnt do that in Oblivion could we? Reminds me of VTM: Bloodlines.

- Theres no mention of a force-lock type option on the lockpick minigame and no auto-attempt. Looks like everyone HAS to learn this one now :)

- The Witness and 9 Holds system should rock. If the guards aren't psychic either, being a thief should be real fun.

And thats it for now! Cool manual... now all we need is a leaked GAME :D

In Oblivion you could fast travel to any city or town without having to visit it first, in this manual it looks as if in Skyrim, you can't fast track to a town or city UNTIL you have visited it first, then you can fast track later to return to it.

Thanks for all of the time you spent collecting the info! I couldn't focus that much myself!

+Kudos to you Valamyr