Best way to get Chorrol Guard's Armor?

DarthVue

If you continue down the road past the Chorrol south gate to the Pillaged Mine you'll generally find some 'allies' useful for getting that hard to obtain town guard armor. Get the attention of the enemies hanging outside the mine and let them chase you back to the Chorrol south gate. The guard will come to your aid (and his peril if you're lucky). If the guard wins the battle go back to the mine and enter. Get a goblin's attention, run back to Chorrol ... rise and repeat as required until you have your slightly banged up Chorrol town guard armor.

I know, to look at me you wouldn't think I'm such a devious nasty bugger. And by the way ... this works best if you don't let them actually hit you while you're running for help. Once you get to the gate and the guard jumps in you can sit back and watch the show.

By best do you mean easiest? Cheapest? Or most fun?

A fun way to get the armor:

1. Obtain a poisoned apple. See spoiler for locations

There are 16 respawning poisoned apples

• 10 in Fort Farragut (Seen during a DB quest)
  • 5 are sold by M'raaj-Dar in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary in Cheydinhal to Dark Brotherhood members only.
  • 1 in the Bravil Wizard's Grotto

2. Save your game.

3. Enter the Chorrol Guard Barracks. It isn't considered trespassing to be in the barracks.

4. Sneak around and clear all the tables of food upstairs and downstairs. You might need to use some carefully aimed spells to send the food into better concealed locations before picking it up if you don't have a decent sneak. A constant chameleon on your armor can help too.

5. Place the poisoned apple(s) on the table.

OR

Reverse pick-pocket the poisoned apple onto a sleeping guard. If you plant it on them this way it will take a little longer since you will have to wait for that specific guard to wake and eat, but you can be sure it wont be eaten by the named guard in the barracks.

6. Wait. At the next mealtime the guards will go looking for food, since you have stolen all the rest the only food they will find should be the poisoned apple. The guard will eat the apple and then keel over dead shortly after. No bounties will be issued.

7. Loot the body. Make sure to check the name of the corpse if you didnt use the reverse pickpocket method, it is possible for the named guard that is part of the allies for Bruma quest to eat the planted apple and die from it, since he is not essential. If this happens you wont be able to get his help later in the Main Quest, just reload the save from step 2.

Its not recommended to use this method on more than one or two guards unfortunately, because there is a bug that will poison the respawns of the guard also. IT can be fun to kill the entire garrison in this manner though, just remember not to save afterwards.

Edited by Draconicone