Project: Biohazard/Resident Evil

Druuler

If I can't find the models someplace, I will either have to just leave placeholders in the mod (and let the users change them over on their own), or learn how to do 3d modeling. Learning how to do the modeling myself would be a nice addition to my skill set, but most likely take a lot of time and cause much frustration. Still, it is an option.

I am glad to hear that your adding to Raccoon City is going well. I saw the image you posted elsewhere and it looked rather promising :thumbsup: If you are planning on uploading your mod to the Nexus, be careful with your ported content. I noticed several things in New Vegas that would work well in our RE Mods, but actually porting and uploading a file with that content here will get you banned.

That has left me wondering how I will go about adding in the mutated spiders and similar creatures in RE. I think most of what FuzeTek used in the Nexus versions of the mod have versions in New Vegas, so it could be ported to NV, thus letting me use the spiders and whatnot without any issues. Or, I could do what 2cooldays did with the Silent Hill mod. For Silent Hill, a number of resources were needed from Fallout 3 and the Point Lookout dlc, so instructions were put in the description on how to copy the bsa files into the NV Data folder so they could be used. No actual ported content in the mod, and users had to have their own copies of FO3 and PL to draw the resources from. I could do something similar with the spiders...

Either that, or you have to be playing New Vegas and using Requiem for the Capital Wasteland, and I would rather not go that route. It is too problematic.

You like play rubicube no ?? :tongue:

Create a demo version for nexus user without ported data is a solution. A link to an youtube video for show the real mod. So people will have to go there to find the real link to get it. Like i saw Fuzetek's mod the first time.

In that way, small download the first time just for a try and if you want more, big download the second time on a file share site.

Youtube link aren't prohibited here :huh: ?

Or, if you really want to make a complete stuff on nexus, like you say before, learn 3d modelling to get new creatures for the nexus version. But, you'll spend a lot of energy to learn it. If you choose that, try to modified original models into new models (ant to spider, deathclaw to hunter, etc..) It will be more easy.

Get NV content by instruction is a bit complicated for those who don't have it, like me for example :tongue:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i come back with some news :)

Finally, i found how to make basic script and port basic model into fallout 3 :D, they don't have collision but it not a problem for static object. Link the two mods (yours and mine) are done. It's based on the nexus released but when your mod will be complete, i think there will be no problem. Same things for special objects use by fuzetek like ammo, spray, etc.. Also, i have change some weapons like beretta and shotgun (normal and special ammo (RE3)) Grenade Launcher with his 3 kind of ammo (nitrogen, fire and normal. no acide for now).

South town is complete about 50% =D

Fuzetek has talk about release a big download and after, some adon to complete it !? Do you have news about that ?? If it's not going to happened, can you send me some meshes he made (objects, walls, ambiant sound and enemies...) ?? I want to keep the same aspect inside and outside the RPD without make new model that already exist.

Edited by slevin92

I have not spoken with or heard from FuzeTek for a month or more now, so no news about that upload. What I can do for you, is reupload the latest version of the RE2 mod I have and send you the link. I have not found any content in it that is not actual FO3 resources, so I don't know why FuzeTek did not upload it here on the Nexus, but until I finish looking through it, I won't either. The only problem I can think of that might have stopped him from sharing it here is his version of Nemesis. He told me that he built this version himself with no "ripped" content, but I can see someone thinking otherwise, and then having the mod get put under review.

I might just ask Dark0ne and the rest of the staff to take a look at it before I upload it here, once it is ready for that, just to prevent it being held on review and my getting banned.

I hope to have the link for you within 36 hours.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm way behind schedule with this. I've had a lot of things with higher priority show up, but I am hoping to get some work done on it over the holidays. The scope of the mod is rather large, so right now, I am just hoping to get a partial beta uploaded so people can see how far along it is, and can give me some feedback on it. If I remember correctly, all the creatures in the mod currently are just place holders. For example feral ghouls for zombies and trogs (from the Pitt) for Lickers. About the only one that is not a placeholder, is Nemesis. FuzeTek built the version I have at the moment from scratch. So, that is something to look forward to :)

Thanks for commenting blagal! It is nice to know that there are some Biohazard/Resident Evil fans around here :thumbsup:

I just got done going through the whole layout of the city and the rpd station, everything was running fine except for the west wing door in the main hall because it kept crashing on me for some reason, and some of the main quest items like the medal thats in the the S.T.A.R.S. office on the second floor. I honestly have to give fuzetek a pat on the back for making this masterpiece, he has done a realy good job on it :D and i hope it gets finished soon because it wil be one of the best mods on the nexus xD. and also no problem, i love the resident evil series ^-^

If you read through the last page or so of comments for the RE2 conversion mod FuzeTek uploaded here, you will notice that he mentions that the mod is basically dead. He also, more or less, gives me control of the project. Thus, this thread. That said, though, he has found some time to continue with the project, but there will not be a Nexus release of it. What I am planning on will be uploaded here for everyone to have, but until I can find models of the Resident Evil creatures that are not ripped (stolen) from the RE games, I am stuck with using placeholder creatures. :wallbash:

Now, the version that you have recently played through is somewhat buggy, and my upload will hopefully correct most of those issues. It is, if I remember correctly, playable right up to the sewer entrance in the RPD basement. I might be able to get that uploaded next week sometime. I will see if I can get in touch with FuzeTek and see if he will grant me permission to access his existing mod thread. It would save me some headaches if I can do so, as everyone that might still be watching the mod will see when it is updated by me.