1. 1. How are you getting Skyrim?

• Pre-ordered Collectors Edition
    • Pre-ordered Game alone
    • Going in on release day and attempt to get a copy
    • Get it a few days after
    • Wait a month or two for patches to be released
    • Get it for Christmas/Birthday Present
    • Other (Post what how your getting it)
    • Courier Pigeon (As suggested by Serviche)

That may be one big reason companies like Bethesda put a focus on the consoles, such as the XBOX... piracy is rather rare on the consoles compared to on PC...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don´t need to worry about not getting the game on day one, here in portugal most people are console gamers and even so I can allways get tons of copies on day 1 if I wanted XD games to expensive and people don´t earn enough.Í normally order the games from UK as they are way to cheap but I´ll be getting skyrim here for 50 euros while if it came from uk I could get it for less than 30 XD still thinking about it.

That may be one big reason companies like Bethesda put a focus on the consoles, such as the XBOX... piracy is rather rare on the consoles compared to on PC...

i'm sure that is a contributing factor. But people are always going to find a way to pirate software, no matter how heavy handed the copy protections are...some people just do it for the lulz

i'm sure that is a contributing factor. But people are always going to find a way to pirate software, no matter how heavy handed the copy protections are...some people just do it for the lulz

I don't mean the difficulty being the factor of piracy, but rather the accessibility. It's easy to pirate on a PC, it's very much not easy to pirate on a console. It also costs a lot to do so on consoles.

this is getting off topic but lemme just say .. anyone who uses the "you can pirate on consoles too" argument is really .. uh... derp? .. no duh you can hack a console .. but guess whats easier? .. searching for a torrent on google or hacking a console :rolleyes: .. if you dont think pirating hurts sales your out of your mind .. sure their are other reasons console sales are up but don't try and tell me piracy isn't at the top of that list :armscrossed:

I noticed the lack of a "Courier Pigeon" option. It made me sad.

No, "other" does not suffice. I will not accept this disrespect to my pigeon brothers! :wallbash: Viva la pigeonlution! :pirate:

...yes, I'm waiting for the patches to come out. Probably. That's the plan anyways.

I don't understand why people will try and get it in the store without pre-order, why don't you just spend one minute to pre-order, lol.

not everyone delivers on release day so if its shipped you would get it late .. it releases on a firday too so you might not see it till monday if they mess up .. and games never sell out in stores .. or rarely .. even with huge launched like MW3 they dont run out of games like they do movie tickets "nintendo being the exception" .. but thats due to poor market research.

I don't understand why people will try and get it in the store without pre-order, why don't you just spend one minute to pre-order, lol.

not everyone delivers on release day so if its shipped you would get it late .. it releases on a firday too so you might not see it till monday if they mess up .. and games never sell out in stores .. or rarely .. even with huge launched like MW3 they dont run out of games like they do movie tickets "nintendo being the exception" .. but thats due to poor market research.

Well that explained it for me. :thumbsup: