Character 'reroll' mod

duncandun

How easy would it be to make a mod that when prompted(perhaps by entering a specific building, or something), brings up the character 'remake' prompt that comes up when leaving the goodsprings area for the first time. It seems like It would be easy, considering its an already existing thing base don a condition in the game, to implement it in another area as well... I know absolutely nothing about modding fallout or anything else, Or I would try my hand at it. If someone could point me in the right direction, I could try.

well I was flailing around in the geck and managed to find the message that pops up under misc->message, and the script that interacts with it(message is called VCG04Message) which is VCG04ActivatorScript, but I have no idea how I would copy it's use to something else. Any Ideas would be great.

Looking up the script with FNVedit, It seems fairly simple. You would need to edit it to include all perks across all levels(instead of just the first 10 or so available, according to FNVedit), and also somehow not get rid of permanent skill bonuses(like from skill books) Which I have no idea how to do, oh and theres also the porting it out of this script and into one you can engage when you need it...

Would probably be best to remove perks and then grant xp, instead of after finishing the prompts like the script suggests it does, incase you were to take a trait that lowered how much xp you get(like skilled). Which would make you not the correct level after receiving the bulk xp, unless if through this script it deposits it without adjustment? No idea.

Edited by duncandun

• 3 months later...

How easy would it be to make a mod that when prompted(perhaps by entering a specific building, or something), brings up the character 'remake' prompt that comes up when leaving the goodsprings area for the first time. It seems like It would be easy, considering its an already existing thing base don a condition in the game, to implement it in another area as well... I know absolutely nothing about modding fallout or anything else, Or I would try my hand at it. If someone could point me in the right direction, I could try.

well I was flailing around in the geck and managed to find the message that pops up under misc->message, and the script that interacts with it(message is called VCG04Message) which is VCG04ActivatorScript, but I have no idea how I would copy it's use to something else. Any Ideas would be great.

Looking up the script with FNVedit, It seems fairly simple. You would need to edit it to include all perks across all levels(instead of just the first 10 or so available, according to FNVedit), and also somehow not get rid of permanent skill bonuses(like from skill books) Which I have no idea how to do, oh and theres also the porting it out of this script and into one you can engage when you need it...

Would probably be best to remove perks and then grant xp, instead of after finishing the prompts like the script suggests it does, incase you were to take a trait that lowered how much xp you get(like skilled). Which would make you not the correct level after receiving the bulk xp, unless if through this script it deposits it without adjustment? No idea.

This seems like a great idea but I can't mod well..... I'll look around and see if I can find anyone for you though