skyrim the last elder scrolls?

aaroncox

i agree with you guys, but some stupid guy from gamestop said skyrim will be the last game in the elder scrolls because they can't compete with other game companies because it takes them 4 years per game, and all other companies are pushing games out every year or two like fable etc. so bethesda is loosing a lot of money over their huge games.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with you guys, but some stupid guy from gamestop said skyrim will be the last game in the elder scrolls because they can't compete with other game companies because it takes them 4 years per game, and all other companies are pushing games out every year or two like fable etc. so bethesda is loosing a lot of money over their huge games.

in the long run people want a quality game, not the pos that other game companies are mas producing every year or every other year. that guy at gamestop needs to shut his mouth on stuff like this.

Absolutely not. Everyone still wants to go to Valenwood, Elsweyr, and the Shimmering Isles.

And Black Marsh, I suppose. If you're into that sort of thing.

it's called the Summerset Isle, not the simmering isles :facepalm: , your thinking of Shivering isles and we already have been there.

damn took to long to post you beat me Hazard. :laugh:

Bloody hell, you're right. Shame on me :facepalm:

Ehh... I can't really point towards any statistics or anything but I really doubt that they're losing money on this series...

I mean, ya gotta count in the cash they get from DLCs and expansion packs as well, not just the initial release (which would probably net them more than enough money anyway).

Also, Betheda ain't idealistic or anything, if a company cannot make money it's gonna sink. If these kinda games weren't viable economically they wouldn't make them, and they sure as hell would've realised it themselves before any Gamestop dude did.

All in all I'm really thankful that so much of the population appreciates these games like I do, that we may have epic tales in mysterious lands and not just another multiplayer FPS with a third-rate story slapped on top it.

@Erikface: Vampire snakes man... vampire snakes. And monkey people.

Edited by Adrius2

Well that kid from gamestop must be pretty stupid considering the fact that the DLC for Fallout, Fall Out New Vegas, and Oblivion basically makes up for them coming out with another game in less than four years. The way the economy is now in my opinion is that people are looking to hold on to games longer and want to get the best quailty for the buck. Gamestop kid just sounds like a Troll Hater.

Well that kid from gamestop must be pretty stupid considering the fact that the DLC for Fallout, Fall Out New Vegas, and Oblivion basically makes up for them coming out with another game in less than four years. The way the economy is now in my opinion is that people are looking to hold on to games longer and want to get the best quailty for the buck. Gamestop kid just sounds like a Troll Hater.

[/quote/]

i agree! :thumbsup: have a kudos!

also i noticed that this is your first post. Welcome to the Nexus Forums!

but some stupid guy from gamestop said "I have no idea how a smaller company can compete with a larger one by turning out a better game with a lower overhead and survive."

Fixed that for you.

"Everyone" swore Oblivion would be the last at one point (especially shortly after it was released), if I remember right. For my part.. I'll just hope it isn't.