Request for a proofread of a Settlement Mod Guide, please.

Some good info. Thank you for looking. =)

I made a few corrections myself (had missed a step or 2 of the WorkshopInitializeLocation quest entry).

Sadly, I'm leaving town soon'ish and won't get back to a full rework for a bit...so hopefully (besides format, feel and wording) there are no truly egregious process errors that snuck (snucked, snucken...snook?) in there.

So far I've followed every step while rebuilding my settlement mod from the ground up (I couldn't get settlers/supply lines to work or the workshop to be recognised), but I'm still having the same problems. I'm thinking it might actually be the InitializeLocation quest, because that's the only thing where someone has pointed out that something's missing. I've noticed the default one has some users, where the custom one doesn't. Anyone have any ideas what needs doing?

Same issue for me, however i got it to work.

I found out that in the quest 2. stage, you can uncheck 'Run on stop', and in Workbench > Scripts, set OwnedByPlayer to FALSE.

This will force the quest completion event when you activate the Workbench for the first time, and you will get the 'You can now use the workshop...' message.

The map will now be updated with settlers and happiness correctly.

If OwnedByPlayer is set to TRUE the quest completion event will never trigger, cause you allready own it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to figure out how to make a custom settlement selectable in the nuka world raider quests so that my bunker can be used for a raider playthrough. Guessing it is a keyword or level list type thing but not sure where to look.

I am trying to figure out how to make a custom settlement selectable in the nuka world raider quests so that my bunker can be used for a raider playthrough. Guessing it is a keyword or level list type thing but not sure where to look.

ErrMahGerd, I finally remembered! =/

Add an xmarkerheading to the location with a locationreftype of locationedgemarker.

ErrMahGerd, I finally remembered! =/

Add an xmarkerheading to the location with a locationreftype of locationedgemarker.

location edgemarker(is point of attack) make any custom settlement raid able, if it lack this marker he will say no dice boss, although it show in his list

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers all,

Anyone have the steps for multicell settlements anywhere? I'm looking to do some bug squashing on a regular CW location, noticed the recruitment beacon only works if it's in the same cell as the workbench. 0 happiness while we're at it, so I think I messed something up along the way, I can throw the file to anyone who thinks they can help.

multie works the same as single, just make sure al cells have the right name, as for 0 yea you prolly made a mistake somewhere

as for bug hunting can't help game/ck uninstalled some time ago

Edited by speedynl

Aah, alright. I thought I swapped all the location names out, but if the cell names all have to match too, that'd explain it. I'll pester ya'll some more if things continue being wonky.

Aah, alright. I thought I swapped all the location names out, but if the cell names all have to match too, that'd explain it. I'll pester ya'll some more if things continue being wonky.

lets say you make a location somewhere and call it deadzone, location/encounter point to this, its 1 cell big, you decite to add more cells you have to change there names to deadzone to, if not they don't count(add) to the location, you can check it when you look at the location, there you can see wat markers/cells/npc's ect belonge to tat location

Cheers all,

Anyone have the steps for multicell settlements anywhere? I'm looking to do some bug squashing on a regular CW location, noticed the recruitment beacon only works if it's in the same cell as the workbench. 0 happiness while we're at it, so I think I messed something up along the way, I can throw the file to anyone who thinks they can help.

This means the script did not fire. You either missed a step or need to redo the scripts to initialize it. And don't forget to pack them.