Freezes in loading screens. Help me?

Konkrypt

I will try the texture pack, what one are you using that worked?

Also I am not running FRAPS, no sense in running a program to see your FPS if it actually lowers it.

It's used for screenshots and video capture.

I will try the texture pack, what one are you using that worked?

Also I am not running FRAPS, no sense in running a program to see your FPS if it actually lowers it.

It's used for screenshots and video capture.

Oh, well I used it once for looking at my FPS and ignored the other features. But still I don't use it.

I had this problem before and the only solution was to re-install my game. All other suggestions didn't work for me :wallbash:

However If you are running texture packs then that may be the cause as rockygohard18 said.

It may also be that you have incorrectly un-installed a mod, Just to be sure go into you fallout directory

Default=programmefiles/steam/steamapps/common/falloutnewvegas

then delete the "Data" folder this will ensure that all textures meshes and other files are removed.

If your problem still occurs then I would suggest a clean install

Thanks.

I had this problem before and the only solution was to re-install my game. All other suggestions didn't work for me :wallbash:

However If you are running texture packs then that may be the cause as rockygohard18 said.

It may also be that you have incorrectly un-installed a mod, Just to be sure go into you fallout directory

Default=programmefiles/steam/steamapps/common/falloutnewvegas

then delete the "Data" folder this will ensure that all textures meshes and other files are removed.

If your problem still occurs then I would suggest a clean install

Thanks.

It wont launch without the Data folder. Also when I try to play now it crashes every time I try to play it.

Edited by Konkrypt

• 2 weeks later...

Another double post, and I apologize but I need to bump this because of new info that may help you help me.

After my re-installation the game seems to want to work for me, and it doesn't take forever to load anymore but the into loading to get to the title screen does, and the FPS have dropped a lot, and every time I use my pipboy the game crashes. But here is the biggest news that could help, I tired to validate the game cache after my re-installation and every single time I do it it says "1 files failed to validate and will be required", and then it downloads something real fast and says download complete. But I can validate it immediately after and the same thing happens. So can anyone help?

Edited by Konkrypt

If you dont have the 4GB enabled, then that may be the problem. Obsessive loading is rather due to low memory or your computer choking with too little RAM. Get the 4GB enabled if you dont have it; and use it. Also try the d3d9.dll fix, if the 4GB enabled doesnt help. If both fail you; go into your .ini and bump up your preload size limit. Actually bump up your preload size limit when you get the 4GB enabled; they kinda go hand in hand. I have mine at 26214400. Goodluck mate ;)

If you dont have the 4GB enabled, then that may be the problem. Obsessive loading is rather due to low memory or your computer choking with too little RAM. Get the 4GB enabled if you dont have it; and use it. Also try the d3d9.dll fix, if the 4GB enabled doesnt help. If both fail you; go into your .ini and bump up your preload size limit. Actually bump up your preload size limit when you get the 4GB enabled; they kinda go hand in hand. I have mine at 26214400. Goodluck mate ;)

its sad when a communtiy can release patches and fixes far better than a Dev can isnt it?

I got the NVSE4GB thing and that did nothing. I couldn't find the preload size limit, and I have no idea what the d3d9.dll fix is. But would any of those fixes fix my validation issue?