combining cosmetic overhauls

dm3588

Until recently, the only cosmetic mods I've been using were Robert's (plus Slof's Better Bodies), Cobl Races (including its TNR), and Django's Unique Features. I recently decided to experiment with Oblivion Character Overhaul and Comprehensive Cosmetic Compilation.

I know Robert's is compatible with all of those, so that's not an issue. OCO and CCC have a patch to work together, so there's that. The monkey wrench is Cobl. I've been told that TNR works fine with OCO, but does Cobl? Should I skip Races and use standalone TNR instead?

Edited by dm3588

Well, yeah. Leaving off the Races stuff entirely would eliminate the question. The issue is TNR. Cobl's version of TNR is bound to Races. There's probably a reason Cobl bothered to integrate TNR, so would using regular Cobl with standalone TNR cause any issues? And would using Races alongside OCO or CCC cause any issues?

Edited by dm3588

Sorry ... you're asking stuff way above my pay grade there.

I only started using the base COBL for this character as some of the mods I wanted to use had extra content that required COBL. My guy has even studiously avoided "the luggage". I've sampled the new brews, tried some of the new foods, use the sorter as a regular container, haven't ground up a thing in the grinder.

Guess I'm about one half step removed from a vanilla guy.

Are you using wrye bash to make a bashed patch? When using multiple cosmetic mods the last one in your load order will overwrite the rest unless you make a bashed patch to combine all the changes from multiple mods.