[WIP] Beast Master - Creature Companion Overhaul

steelfeathers

Welp got my first tamed wolf. not the first I caught. oh no. Guess who forgot to put the pacification tower up in Far Harbor. x..x That poor fierce wolf was down in 2 seconds. Luckily! I had quicksaved. So I reloaded and built the tower... and got a different wolf.

Say hell to Hero, my level 50 Glowing Wolf. o..o I tested and he didn't agro anyone in the harbor when I was there.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2qamooh.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little something to whet everyone's appetite...

There's a big update in the works that I'm calling the Skills and Abilities update. With this update, you will be able to train your creatures in Combat, Stealth, and Wasteland Survival, and unlock abilities to enhance those skills.

Here's a teaser of some of the abilities that you will be able to unlock:

Combat

-Diseased > Each attack has a chance to give the target a random stat-lowering disease. (Radroach, Bloatfly, Feral Ghoul)

-Blood Drain > Each attack drains a small amount of the victim's blood, restoring health. (Bloodbug)

-Jaws of steel > Attacks have a chance to cripple a limb. (Dog, Mutant Hound, Yao Guai)

-Primal Roar > Lets out a mighty roar when entering combat, which has a chance to frighten off low-level enemies. (Deathclaw, Yao Guai)

Stealth

-Tread Lightly > Noise from movement is greatly reduced. (Creatures with feet)

-Reaper > Your creature can perform a sneak attack for 5x damage by being ordered to attack while undetected. (All)

-Chameleon Skin (2x) > Your creature will blend in with their environment while sneaking. (All)

Survival

-Thick Hide > Small caliber bullets do greatly reduced damage. (Deathclaw)

-Hive Mind > Nearby wild bugs have a chance to temporarily become friendly and join the fight. (All bug types)

-Expert Scavenger > You creature will find items more often, and will sometimes find rare items and ammo. (All)

-Bloodhound > Will start to growl when there is a trap, mine, or enemy nearby. (Dogs and mutant hounds)

Exciting! Could you have a perk that allows your creature to lead you to dead bodies? Other ideas: mark enemies that have received damage from the creature with that little diamond icon over their head, a better chance to find items with components marked for search, a better chance to find health items or food, a chance to pacify hostile creatures of the same species or to make smaller creatures flee, a bonus to intimidation (for "scary" ones like deathclaws, yao guai, wolf etc)... I'm not sure if they currently trigger traps and mines, if that is the case maybe a perk that makes them not trigger them anymore, much like one of the levels for the sneak player perk.

Exciting! Could you have a perk that allows your creature to lead you to dead bodies? Other ideas: mark enemies that have received damage from the creature with that little diamond icon over their head, a better chance to find items with components marked for search, a better chance to find health items or food, a chance to pacify hostile creatures of the same species or to make smaller creatures flee, a bonus to intimidation (for "scary" ones like deathclaws, yao guai, wolf etc)... I'm not sure if they currently trigger traps and mines, if that is the case maybe a perk that makes them not trigger them anymore, much like one of the levels for the sneak player perk.

Some of those ideas are already in the works, but some are not really on the list of things I want to add. Leading you to dead bodies, for example. That would have to be triggered somehow by the player, and I want these abilities to function all on their own, no input necessary.

No specialty abilities for wolves or do they get the same stuff as the hound set?

I'm not sure. I haven't decided yet.

Coming soon: Children of Atom paint designs!

http://imgur.com/sQh4Edi.jpg

EDIT:

The design has a subtle glow, and can be applied to your creatures if you have a can of Glowing Paint. Glowing paint can be created at the Chemistry station by mixing Yellow Paint with nuclear material. >:D

http://imgur.com/gxiV8xJ.jpg

Edited by steelfeathers

I'll toss a few ideas of my own then. =3 Maybe one will set loose the fires of inspiration. (Got a bit carried away)

Pack Leader: Spawns a lower class wolf linked to your wolf, not you, to assist it in combat

Pack Mentality: Additional Damage gained per allied wolf in the same vacinity. (Such as Wandering in Sactuary)

Fog hunter: In Far Harbor the wolf gains stealthed status while in the fog.

Kill Looter: Aill grab everything on the foe it has just terminated.

Radiant Regeneration: Radation, background and attacks, trigger health regeneration in the critter. (Glowing wolf only)

Rabid Bite: Adds poison to the normal attacks. (Rabid wolf only)