This is what happens when you support console modding.

Mitigate

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you give up exactly by uploading an Xb1 mod?

This is the thing a lot of people are just ignoring.

There's no reason really simple things like texture swaps, companions, new items, settlement additions, etc can't be on console too. Other than just spite. I understand if someone can't test it themselves due to being on PC only, but reach out to console people and ask them to test or just flag your mod as untested. People on console would be more than happy to take a chance with something than not have it at all, I think.

Stuff like ENBs, mods that need script extender to work, that's not going to happen on console. People will have to deal with it. And I think they will, it's just the idiot Dewritos crowd harassing right now. They'll all drop off for the most part once mods are out and they realize it's not going to happen.

But I think forsaking consoles from having even the simple stuff completely, just to spite people, is completely childish and it honestly disgusts me.

I can agree with this for the most part although I feel strongly that the default recommendation for console players griping about no script extender based mods, no high res armor/weapons basically not having the full complement of visual enhancements available to a strong PC should remain the same:

If you want the complete mod experience you should invest in a custom build PC.

The picture is more clear than usual for building a PC right now because we're right at the launch timing of Nvidia Pascal 1000 series, AMD Polaris, Intel's next gaming processors won't be out for a while(they're currently launching Enthusiast 6/8/10 core processors).

In just 2 minutes I made a complete guide right here.

Pick your GPU, based on your budget:

Full Experience: $599 = GTX 1080, Latest and greatest GPU

Mid-High Tier: $379 GTX 1070

Lower to midrange: AMD R9 480X $199/$250

Mid range: Wait for GTX 1060

Processor:

Full experience: i7 6700k = $339

Mid range: i5 6600 = $230 or maybe wait for an AMD Zen

Lower: Wait for AMD Zen or buy like a 4690k.

Monitor: 4K if you bought a 1080 or 1070

1440p if you bought a 1070 and can't stand to play around with the settings or if you bought an R9 480.

Get a motherboard that's compatible, a 512GB SSD like Samsung EVO, 1-2 TB HDD for like $50, 16GB RAM with DDR4 for ideal and DDR3 for cheaper, power supply unit with enough power, a case, KB+M, maybe headset and you're done.

I can tell you, from experience, that the whole 'no HD weapons' is absolute BS. I feared as much in the beginning, but it turns out it's all just rumours and conjectures. As far as my rifle goes, at least. If we're talking about something that uses absurd texture sizes (i.e. P99), I have no idea.

Long live the PC Master Race...and the console clowns, too, I guess.

And snobs who are no different from so-called console clowns.

Edited by dazzerfong

It's nice seeing a number of people here saying the attitudes of console gamers is not an issue. On the bethesda forms, I've give up on the creation kit form. There's so many topics that either belong in another form or are just console players bitching about buying 2 copies of the game to make their own mods. Modding a game (either by downloading content made by others or by making mods yourself) requires/involves a certain level of patience and perseverance that some people just aren't showing.

Am I against bethesda making it possible to have mods on consoles? Not at all. But that doesn't mean I like how many of the console players I've seen are behaving about it.

Edited by demonofsarila

I have no problem with mods coming to consoles. What I do have a rather massive problem with is this "re-upping a mod that I got from X site to Beth.net when I'm not the original creator isn't theft" attitude that some people have explicitly, publicly stated.

I have no problem with mods coming to consoles. What I do have a rather massive problem with is this "re-upping a mod that I got from X site to Beth.net when I'm not the original creator isn't theft" attitude that some people have explicitly, publicly stated.

Ya, I really want to help answer console players question, but when you see post where they say stuff like ends justify the means and justify stealing work, it really is hard to put in any effort to help. Good example is a guy claiming someone may have ported a CBBE over to the X Box and now is making conspiracy theories Clamintine is lying that the couldn't handle it. He further justifies the action by stating it was trying to prove a point It did work and "the guy never took credit as original author."

Edited by ahnjd

It's nice seeing a number of people here saying the attitudes of console gamers is not an issue. On the bethesda forms, I've give up on the creation kit form. There's so many topics that either belong in another form or are just console players bitching about buying 2 copies of the game to make their own mods. Modding a game (either by downloading content made by others or by making mods yourself) requires/involves a certain level of patience and perseverance that some people just aren't showing.

Am I against bethesda making it possible to have mods on consoles? Not at all. But that doesn't mean I like how many of the console players I've seen are behaving about it.

That has nothing to do with console players being inferior people though, and is simply a matter of this being brand new... like less than a month old new...

The Nexus has had years and years and years to form into what it is today, and we still have people around here who want to preach about how bad the Creation Engine is because their particular broken computer can't run the game, people who are constantly asking us to illegally port content from New Vegas or Skyrim, and people getting banned for openly admitting to piracy...

'Skyrim has horses, so it should be easy to just port horses to work into Fallout 4.'

Has just now been replaced with...

'Port this mod over to Xbox so I can has armor.'

Forums... Forums never changes.

Wait... that doesn't sound like good grammar... whatevs...

Edited by TeamBacon

I never said or implied that console players were inferior. I understand that people are excited, but that doesn't mean they should be bitching to mod authors about what bethesda made impossible or worse that they should steal.

Bethesda made multiple forms for console and PC players to express their excitement about mods. The creation kit form for is/was for talking about code, not for begging modders to take an existing mod, copy it, and put it on consoles.

Edited by demonofsarila

I never said or implied that console players were inferior. I understand that people are excited, but that doesn't mean they should be bitching to mod authors about what bethesda made impossible or worse that they should steal.

Bethesda made multiple forms for console and PC players to express their excitement about mods. The creation kit form for is/was for talking about code, not for begging modders to take an existing mod, copy it, and put it on consoles.

Oh, you mean that thing PC users have been doing on this forum for years, just replacing 'port to xbox' with 'making from scratch'?

And how many mod requests are posted in the wrong section of this website?

Oh, you mean that thing PC users have been doing on this forum for years, just replacing 'port to xbox' with 'making from scratch'?

Yes and I would know this since I joined Nexus in December?

Edited by demonofsarila