Playing Lonesome Road and Faction Rep help ploz

duncandun

So, I'm playing through lonesome road. However, I have a problem.... apparently. Ulysseys keeps mentioning my love for the bear when thats not really true at all, It's just that I have only done a couple quests for camp mccarren and none for anyone else yet, or even started the main quest really(I've only gotten to Nipton on the 15).

So, I'm curious how this will effect the outcome of this DLC. Should I use the console to change my reputation? should I go back to the mojave before going any further and advance the mainquest some more?

I always have a terrible time doing the mainquest in this game, when theres so much other stuff to do. I got to lvl 27 before I even got to Nipton. (12-18 in honest hearts, then 18-27 in OWB).

Regardless, any info on this would be nice... and if you could keep it as spoilerless as possible that would be cool.

You cant change it mid DLC youd have to restart the whole thing from a previous save.

Faction checks in the Lonesome road have nothing to do with the main quest and there currently isnt any mod that changes this in a bug free way. Your faction is chosen by your raw reputation between NCR Legion and the Strip from what i understand so the one with the most points wins. In order to get independent you need to have negatives in all of these factions or no reputation(hasnt shown on your pipboy) however i think a mix of this might work(negative NCR and Legion but havent discovered Strip rep yet)

Im not 100% sure how this all effects the DLC other then dialogue but i know you get a Unique Duster at the end with a symbol of the 2 headed bear, the bull, the old world flag, or a black spade with a 21 on it depending on what your alignment is.

There are currently 2 mods on the nexus that change how this works but they mostly only alter the duster check and not Ulysses' dialogue.

Edited by ModelV

You cant change it mid DLC youd have to restart the whole thing from a previous save.

Faction checks in the Lonesome road have nothing to do with the main quest and there currently isnt any mod that changes this in a bug free way. Your faction is chosen by your raw reputation between NCR Legion and the Strip from what i understand so the one with the most points wins. In order to get independent you need to have negatives in all of these factions or no reputation(hasnt shown on your pipboy) however i think a mix of this might work(negative NCR and Legion but havent discovered Strip rep yet)

Im not 100% sure how this all effects the DLC other then dialogue but i know you get a Unique Duster at the end with a symbol of the 2 headed bear, the bull, the old world flag, or a black spade with a 21 on it depending on what your alignment is.

There are currently 2 mods on the nexus that change how this works but they mostly only alter the duster check and not Ulysses' dialogue.

Damn... that sucks. I don't want to start over, so oh well.. guess I'm the ncrs *censored* in this.

DLC has exactly 4 points where it checks reputation. Found during modding those 4 scripts to have a little better faction detection.

Faction is sadly RepNCR -> RepLegion -> RepStrip. If they are all the same you get Yes-Man.