A most perculiar and perplexing problem.

Vindekarr

Im still pretty new to FNV but I've already come of the opinion that it's a very buggy game. Not only have I had issues with Steam, but also some bugs with the game itself. Specificaly, my worst issue is that for some reason, some NPCs do, for want of a better term, go crazier than a bat on heat.

It all started when I ran the first mission in the For The Republic II quest chain. I had excellent standings all around, especialy with the NCR, but decided simply to blast the Great Khans and be done with it. However, when I returned to New Vegas for mission #2, one random NCR MP went pants on head crazy and started attacking me for no reason. I wasn't armed, hadn't done anything at all, he just randomly decided to take a swing at me, then, when I finaly got sick of him and shot him in the face with my 12.7 he ran away like I'd summoned Satan. No other NCR's went after me except for the NCR Ranger outside Hoover Dam, and he didn't attack me again, so I let it go.

Now today I went into the 'strip and all the folks ignored me, then when I got to them Embassy, ALL the NCR and securttrons attacked me in a crazy melee. Strange thing is that in the process of going through one gate, I aggroed literaly every NPC on the whole strip. Now, I would gladly mow them all down with my MK-19, but it's going to eat my standings for breakfast and I don't want that. Is there a way, perhaps through Console commands, to stop the NPCs going bananas? If so, I'd love to hear it.

My game is 100% vanilla, standard edition disc-installed PC copy of FNV with no DLC installed.

Edited by Vindekarr