Marine Armor is MISSING it's feet

SporeSkorge

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so everyone knows there is leg armor but it isn't legendary.

Ummm yeah, we're aware there is leg armor.....since we're discussing the feet that are missing from it. And no, there is no legendary version of the legs, although that's easy to fix.

Strange post.

On another topic, would anyone like the helmet lamp to be a working light source?

Having the helmet lamp work would be awesome, is anyone closer to solving the main issue/has anyone taken it up?

Well, I was linked to this post by dragonslayer, and I already have the helmet taclight for the marine visor functioning, but I need someone to do the model/mesh work so the light source can be attached to the helmet. Right now I have the functionality without the aesthetics, which in my opinion isn't even worth using. And i'd also like these legs fixed now that you've pointed it out to me!!! :/ I'd do the work myself but my first time trying to edit anything in blender/nifskope/bodyslide was with the marine armor helmet, and I spent a great deal of time for next to no progress.

Edited by Jalaris

Any progress?

Sorry haven't had a chance to do anything other than skim Kueiren's guide, (pulling 7 days this week at work) but I'll try to dig into it tonight before I collapse into a mini coma.

Well, I was linked to this post by dragonslayer, and I already have the helmet taclight for the marine visor functioning,

Yeah I haven't done it yet, but I don't foresee any problem making a helmet light, just gonna follow the power armor as a template.

but I need someone to do the model/mesh work so the light source can be attached to the helmet. Right now I have the functionality without the aesthetics, which in my opinion isn't even worth using. And i'd also like these legs fixed now that you've pointed it out to me!!! :/ I'd do the work myself but my first time trying to edit anything in blender/nifskope/bodyslide was with the marine armor helmet, and I spent a great deal of time for next to no progress.

This may not be the mod for you brother (or at least my version of it), as I don't think I'd be releasing it with open permissions. Part of the reason I posted about the helmet light is that I'm thinking of making a more comprehensive mod (feet fix, light, upgrades, etc). But someone else may get to it sooner and they may open permissions on it for you to use in your own mod.

Yeah we don't have a really good nifskope right now since things changed so much.

Hmmm 2.0.dev4 seems very functional to me. I haven't used it a lot, but I haven't had any glaring issues yet.

I don't like the nif editor in the new CK it is really weird and limiting. I guess it will be a while before these things are fixed but thanks to everyone involved trying to fix them:-)

I don't think there is a nif editor in the CK (or if there is I'd like to know about it), maybe your thinking of the nif exporter or the material editor. But neither of those are relevant to (or needed for) this project, it's just importing and exporting to blender that I need to cram for.

but I need someone to do the model/mesh work so the light source can be attached to the helmet. Right now I have the functionality without the aesthetics, which in my opinion isn't even worth using. And i'd also like these legs fixed now that you've pointed it out to me!!! :/ I'd do the work myself but my first time trying to edit anything in blender/nifskope/bodyslide was with the marine armor helmet, and I spent a great deal of time for next to no progress.

This may not be the mod for you brother (or at least my version of it), as I don't think I'd be releasing it with open permissions. Part of the reason I posted about the helmet light is that I'm thinking of making a more comprehensive mod (feet fix, light, upgrades, etc). But someone else may get to it sooner and they may open permissions on it for you to use in your own mod.

To be honest, I was asking if you wanted to work together. I just need help editing the meshes. If that's not an option though, well, another week at most and i'll get it.

Edited by Jalaris

Ugh :sad: So I scrapped together some time to try Kueiren's tutorial and it does produce a format 2.49 can read, pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FO4%20mods-works%20in%20progress/MarineLlegBlend_zpsgso8zcbz.jpg

*But* it's results are problematic. The mesh is dropped from the bones and I need some sort of reference unless I just eyeball it (and I'd rather not) to line it up. In addition I need to be able to import FO4's skeleton into blender, to rig the leg (since the world model is not weighted or rigged), whether I copy some parts of the world model's mesh or use the whole thing as a replacement. Without FO4's skeleton the whole project is moot.

It also deletes the BSLightingShaderProperty, but I would imagine I can just copy and paste it back from the original nif

I sure hope we get a better method of importing to 2.49 or newer scripts to support FO4's format, whether in 2.49 or a newer ver of blender (much more likely, and I have no clue what the progress is currently), because, to me, this is a mess. It really makes me appreciate how mature and capable 2.49's nifscripts for FO3/FONV are.

Long story short, not a lot of progress.

I'll try experimenting and contacting Kueiren directly in re: to the skeleton and I'll start looking over any other tutorials I can find as well.

There may also be some minor other problems, like having to mirror the world model since there's only the left leg, possibly some aspects of the ssf and bgsm files might be an issue down the line.