Small Concern

erikface

I was thinking yesterday about how awesome Skyrim is going to be (nothing new) what with all the Dragons. Such a main quest sounds like it will slaughter the epicness of any main quest in any previous Elder Scrolls games. My question is just how are they going to top that with TES VI? I, for one, find more pleasure in the world of gaming than anything else by orchestrating long and epic battles with very large enemies. Clearly they aren't going to repeat fighting dragons for the sixth game. What could be cooler? Anyone else thinking about this?

Hmm well hopefully since dragons are not completely eradicated, seeing as you can still fight them after the main quest is over, they could still have a few dragons in any future titles but they just wouldn't be 1. as common, and 2. the main focus point. But who knows and quite honestly I just want to play Skyrim, I REALLY am not even considering the next title yet.

3 words... Walking Tree City

I have to agree I'd really like the next one to be set in Valenwood. While that map is sort of small, though, I think it wouldn't be too much to ask if they made one game with both Valenwood and Elsweyr.

Edited by erikface

I have to agree I'd really like the next one to be set in Valenwood. While that map is sort of small, though, I think it wouldn't be too much to ask if they made one game with both Valenwood and Elsweyr.

Nono you are thinking about it all wrong.

they can scale the size of these games to be any size they want. Daggerfall was the size of the UK afterall and it was only the tip of hammerfell.

I think they will be sticking to 1 province at a time and 16sq mile maps. If anything with better tech, they may decide to make the maps even larger.

I've had an image in my head of the next game, and I'm throwing down my bet: it's going to be in the Breton's country of High Rock (I know, I know...DF...but bear with me). A super-high-magic craziness ES game sounds incredible, and I pictured some kind of ultimate necromancer as the final boss.

Trust me, it looks way cooler in my head. :psyduck:

Nono you are thinking about it all wrong.

they can scale the size of these games to be any size they want. Daggerfall was the size of the UK afterall and it was only the tip of hammerfell.

I think they will be sticking to 1 province at a time and 16sq mile maps. If anything with better tech, they may decide to make the maps even larger.

I suppose that's true. I just want to visit both places to badly :(

I also would love to visit Summerset Isles :biggrin:

The epicness has to go up with every title, you see. So with that in mind, and with the generalization of genre.... In TES 6 you will be a farmer who'se family will be killed by a servant of God X... and so you go on a quest to kill the God X. On the way you'll fnd out you're chosen of the god Y and kill god X. Also there will be no statistics, texts, skills or variety of items. You see, console players don't like those. Bethesda likes console players tho.

Ok. That was a bit trolly. Ignore me.

Edited by elvinkun