How do you roll? First person or third person?

CalibanX

I've been reading the reviews and it seems that a lot of the reviewers comment about how playing Skyrim in third person is much improved over Oblivion but they personally can't imagine playing the game that way. This feels odd to me. I guess I always assumed that the point of being in first person is the mandatory mode of all FPS games. But in games where your not shooting at things but doing combat moves, it always feels natural for me to be in third person for that.

In Oblivion, I preferred to be in third person as much as possible. I switch to first person when my character shoots a bow or a spell, but otherwise, I feel like my field of vision is too constrained in first person, I'm third person all the way and probably will be for Skyrim too. Different strokes for different folks I know, but I'd like to hear some comments from folks who play in first or third person and their reasons for their style of play.

I've been reading the reviews and it seems that a lot of the reviewers comment about how playing Skyrim in third person is much improved over Oblivion but they personally can't imagine playing the game that way. This feels odd to me. I guess I always assumed that the point of being in first person is the mandatory mode of all FPS games. But in games where your not shooting at things but doing combat moves, it always feels natural for me to be in third person for that.

In Oblivion, I preferred to be in third person as much as possible. I switch to first person when my character shoots a bow or a spell, but otherwise, I feel like my field of vision is too constrained in first person, I'm third person all the way and probably will be for Skyrim too. Different strokes for different folks I know, but I'd like to hear some comments from folks who play in first or third person and their reasons for their style of play.

Combat in third person is always a bit more inaccurate. It's great when you walk through riverwood and just immerse yourself, but for close combat I will probably switch to first person.

Do we know for sure, whether the game will switch from 1st to 3rd when you do a finishing move?

Yes, some of the finishing moves will be shown in 3rd person, and you can't turn them off.

EDIT:

Also, I will play mostly in 1st person, it just feels like I'm playing it, and not that I'm controlling somebody.

I will sometimes go in 3rd person to admire the beauty of my character.

Edited by Iv000