Your Character's Prologue

Cyberote

I've seen some posts on here about keeping a Skyrim journal of everything your character does in the game, but last night I started thinking. I was wondering if you guys had made prologues for your characters to get ready for Skyrim. I have, but it may not make much sense since I'm not sure what year certain things happened like the Argonian invasion of Morrowind and capture of Vvardenfell. Sorry for the long read, but then again, you don't HAVE to read it :D This is the story of Amusei the Argonian from Black Marsh.

"I was merely an adventurer living in Black Marsh near the border of Morrowind. I heard word of a mysterious artifact in Morrowind that rather intrigued me at the time. I began my trek northward, but what came next would inevitably change my life forever.

A large shadow fell over me. The only thing I remember is a pain in my shoulder as the creature clamped down on me from behind and lifted me into the air. To this very day I can't even think of what it could've been. The Cliff Racers had been driven out some time before the Oblivion Crisis and even if they weren't, they weren't big or powerful enough to do this. The only other thing that came to mind is the possibility of it being a dragon, but that's impossible. The dragons have been gone for many many years.

The next thing I know, I instinctively sunk my dagger into the nearest flesh I could find on the creature and with a loud roar, I was sent hurdling towards the ground. I don't remember much as I fell, but I awoke in a Dunmer's home. His name was Beraren, I believe. Over about the course of a month, the elderly Dunmer man helped nurse me back to health and help me regain my strength. I had grown fond of the old man. I'd go as far as to say I had a new friend.

Then one night, something happened. Beraren and I were sitting down for wine and telling tales of our previous adventures in his small home out in the middle of nowhere. I had no idea the man was such an intriguing adventurer! As he told me about his stumble into one of the planes of Oblivion, there came a knock at the door. No, this wasn't a knock. More of a pound. I offered to answer the door only to find some fellow Argonians clad in armor. I recognised the armor from home in Black Marsh.

The men informed me that I was free to go, but they were to slay Beraren. When I asked why, information about the Argonians invading Morrowind was barked in my face. I loved my home land of Black Marsh, but how could they do this? Breraren saved my life. I wasn't just going to let these men slay him. He may have been an adventurer, but that's just the thing. He WAS an adventurer. I stepped back to protect him, but one of the guards easily apprehended me, for I wasn't completely back to health yet.

They took Breraren outside where I heard his final call. I could not save him like he saved me. The final guard brought me outside to suffer the same fate due to my acts being treasonous to Black Marsh. I thought hard of how I could escape and I remembered what Breraren told me about Destruction magic. I had never tried it myself, but at the time it was as good a time as ever. It was an amazing feeling as rage flowed through my body. I could feel the magicka welling up inside me. Fire erupted from my hands, blinding the unsuspecting guards. The feeling overwhelmed me, but I couldn't let this opportunity slip. I fled from the guards. Fled from Morrowind.

I couldn't return home. I couldn't return to Morrowind. Surely word had gotten out about my 'treason'. I couldn't believe what was happening. Nirn was spinning and I had no way to stop it. I took up residence in the nearest settlement of Cheydinhall to come up with a plan. Something about that place really made everything sink in. Dark times fell upon me, so I decided I should leave. Cheydinhall wasn't a bad place, but it was too close to Morrowind for my likings.

My next thought was 'where would be the last place they would look for me?' The conclusion was clear. The province of Skyrim would be my next destination and my next blunder. I had been too preoccupied with my own problems that I had not known that Skyrim was having some problems. The guards didn't give me the liberty of giving me the full story as I was arrested and sent to some prison.

Now here I am writing this, my life upside down. Not knowing whether or not I'm ever getting out of here. I wish I could set my eyes on my homeland just once more. I do miss Black Marsh dearly, but I'm here rotting in prison, a completely different Argonian. At least they gave me this parchment to write on. I can read my story over and over in disbelief, but nothing will help me get out of this place.

I always thought I was destined for much more than this, but I guess that was just a delusion of grandeur..."

~Amusei

Edited by Cyberote

Nice story I dig it . Just one thing u said that our caracters were arrested for crossing the border that is not true Bethesda says that there is no back story they have no reason for the arrest it's up to us when I get home I'll copy paste my prologue s I'm at work on my phone

Son of a gun... well it could still make sense I suppose lol. I guess I'll go edit the OP then :P

My characters change every time these threads come around...

First one is Myrkva, part of the Dark Brotherhood in Cyrodiil. She smuggled herself onto a travelling merchant's cart, ready to assassinate him until he crossed the border. The guards thought the merchant was aiding a Dark Brotherhood assassin, and so they were both scheduled for execution. Cyrodiil's Dark Brotherhood cut off all relation to her, presuming she was killed in action.

Once she escapes execution, she puts on a display as the dragonborn, fighting off the dragons so the dark brotherhood can keep their hold on Skyrim. This works in her favor, as she earns the trust of the locals. However, she secretly serves Skyrim's brotherhood, sending souls to Sithis.

Second is Vigtonn. He wandered the country side in Cyrodiil, living off the land, and his personal rule is not to use anything he doesn't earn himself. This means he won't ever buy from merchants or loot bandits, the only weapons he uses are those he crafts himself, or earns as rewards. One day he wandered a little too close to the northern border. Upon spotting bandits harassing a nearby traveller, he took out his axe to combat the scum, only to be knocked out. When he came to, he was in prison for border-hopping.

Nátta (means 'become night' in Norse), a Dark Elf from the land of Cyrodil. He is a skilled archer who never misses his target and no one really knows much about him for he keeps to himself and speaks to no one. He was traveling along a dirt path in the forest at night when suddenly assassin's came out from nowhere! But they were no ordinary assassin's, they were part of the one and only Dark Brotherhood, hired to kill the Elf for a handsome amount of gold and luxury. There stood 5 loyal sons of Sithis, ready to kill in the name of their Dread Father! Nátta armed his bow and the battle begun.

Nátta had struck down 2 DB assassin's with one shot and one arrow, he was about to aim again when suddenly a Dragon appeared! The dragon killed off 2 more assassin's with a swipe of his massive claws and towards towards the Dark Elf. The last assassin fled and it was only Nátta and the dragon. A heated but short battle begun and the dragon breathed fire upon the elf's eyes. Staggering back in pain he fell to his knees, but he knew this would not be the end. He could sense the dragon coming in for it's final attack and he pulled back his bow and let his skill aim for the beast's heart. In a moment a loud crash came and the earth shook. All was silent. Clenching his face Nátta could not see and without thinking he made a desperate attempt to recover his sight.

He used a form of forbidden and dangerous magic. He consumed the soul of the dragon and transformed that soul into power of sight.....he had gained eyes, but they were not his own. He could see clearly in the dark, he could outline and pick every detail of the land in the pitch black darkness of the night. It was amazing power but suddenly he felt rage, he began to see destruction and feel hate and so this dragon soul that he had consumed had also consumed him. The soul of the dragon who thirst for revenge and destruction was now part of him, he was one. He didn't want to feel or see such hate so he wrapped his eyes in cloth (blindfold) and the rage began to dissipate. He figured out that as long as he kept his eyes in darkness, he did not sense the dragon or its hate. So he kept his eyes blindfolded and although he now carried great power, he also carried a curse. He knew he had to continue, continue as far as his feet would take him...to the land of Skyrim.

Actually before 5min ago I had no background for this character. I have been drawing this dark elf for the past month and I was going to make him into a character in Skyrim, and since I'm not so great with eyes I kept him blindfolded....so somehow I had to explain that.....even as outrageous as it seems lol but hey it's Skyrim...anything can happen :)

As for ending up in Skyrim.....gets into a fight with guards at the border. They ask his business but he will not state it, so they questions him, get pushy, and a fight begins. Nátta becomes overwhelmed and they knock him out and take him to prison....then there is where our story begins....

These are pretty interesting stories guys. I kinda feel like an idiot because mine is more of a short story than a prologue lol. I enjoy writing though :happy:

@Synyster: What's going to happen to his blindfold? I dont think Skyrim has any. Are you going to mod it in or just say the guards took it? lol

I posted these elsewhere, but, seeing how this is the thread for it, I have two possibilities in mind.

Sleeps-with-Pillow is a young Argonian male attempting to write a screenplay for the actors' guild. Unfortunately, everyone in the actors' guild died from the plague before he could complete his debut work, leaving him as the only survivor. In the midst of his despair, he turns to assassination for fun and profit, thus joining the dark brotherhood. After that, he makes a tidy sum selling pineapples to the nobility.

OR

Makeer is a Khajiit rogue who lead a hard life as an orphan, surviving in the sewers of the Imperial City. When he received a letter promising riches in excess of $35 million from a man named Gabriel Kamara Sankoh in Leyawiin in exchange for a small initial investment, Makeer leapt at the opportunity.

Unfortunately, Mr. Sankoh was not as he presented himself and made off with the money. So, Makeer proceeded to wallow in his own despair before opening a successful haberdashery stall outside Chorrol after scraping together a few coins. Alas, it was not to be, as the stall burned to the ground after a neighboring Orc shopkeeper lit Makeer's stall on fire in order to fraudulently collect the insurance. Makeer was uninsured and, thus, lost everything.

After all of this, he ends up in Skyrim wondering if his investment in the Dunmer-oriented Christmas tree farm will end up a scam like the deal in Leyawiin. Fortunately for him, everything works out. That is, until his Dunmer partner has a mental breakdown after a rather unfortunate run-in with a pair of giants behind on their tax returns and looking for easy profit.

Finding himself at a loose end once again, Makeer is soon arrested after being falsely accused of stealing a pair of wigs from a leper colony, the real culprit getting away by dressing as an expert in orcish interpretive dance.

This is where we find my poor khajiit as the game begins...