Spell animations

brentschler9

How many hours do you have on that character -- and are other animations alo effected (ie. animated doors, fires, etc.) --- IF a few hundred hours on that character and other animations are begining to be effected also then it is probably the A-bomb (animation bomb) --- If you are on the PC there are a few ways to fix it using either Wyre Bash or OAF (Oblivion Animation Fix by ZbobG) -- If on the xbox it can also be fixed by saving the game save to a USB thumbdrive - converting to a PC useable format - fixing and then reconverting back to Xbox format and resaving to the USB device. If on the PS3 there is no fix available other than starting a new character.. Edited by JDFan

How many hours do you have on that character -- and are other animations alo effected (ie. animated doors, fires, etc.) --- IF a few hundred hours on that character and other animations are begining to be effected also then it is probably the A-bomb (animation bomb) --- If you are on the PC there are a few ways to fix it using either Wyre Bash or OAF (Oblivion Animation Fix by ZbobG) -- If on the xbox it can also be fixed by saving the game save to a USB thumbdrive - converting to a PC useable format - fixing and then reconverting back to Xbox format and resaving to the USB device. If on the PS3 there is no fix available other than starting a new character..

Lots of hours, couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but plenty. My guess, 250 at least. I have noticed before, although it doesn't seem to be happening now, that display cabinets were having that problem. I do think there have been problems with fires. I am on a PC. I'm new to PC games, so where do I go for Wyre Bash or OAF? Thanks for the reply, BTW.

Found OAF. Looks like it's fixed. Thanks a million! Guess it wasn't a common problem. BTW, 360+ hours.

Fairly common but since it take 200+ hours on the same character to show up most players never ran into it (since they either start new characters or stop playing before reaching that - luckily some forum users were able to track down the cause and design a fix !

Just as a heads up brentschler9. If you continue along with that character long enough the animation bug will return. I've seen it so many times on my guy (who has over 1000 hrs playing time) that I recognize the symptoms before I reach 49 on the bit that OAF fixes. If you look to the right of the 'FixMe' button you'll see a box with 'Byte' above it. That's the value that OAF fixes, by changing it to 40. As your game progresses that value gradually gets higher (for example mine is currently back up to 47). When it gets to 49 you'll start to have definite visual effects and start having problems with animated doors and gates. I usually start noticing little effects when I reach 48 (I'll notice the slightest fire trails left by the Legion riders or courier's torches). The upside is you can just run OAF again and all will be fine for a while. If you run OBSE make sure you're loading the proper game save file ... it's the one with the extension .ess.