Oblivion Mod Manager install problem

Hi guys I'm new here and I have this problem with Oblivion Mod Manager ....

When I try to install it, usually when you install any program it suppose to give you a specific location for the program to install in the computer but this program give me nothing and when I choose to install it in any location in c:\ it give me this message:

Oblivion Mod Manager must be installed to Oblivions installations directory.

I know there's another members post similar topics before and I read them to find a solution to this problem but nothing work with me ... any help will be appreciated

It installs to the same folder as you find Oblivion.exe ... by default in the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder. You do need to have the game installed first and then it should find the correct folder when you run the installer version (extract the ZIP file and run obmm_setup.exe).

No, what I meant is you need to install Oblivion first, then when you install OBMM it will find the registry entries that Oblivion creates when you install it and find the proper folders to install itself.

Use the installer version of OBMM unless you are an expert and know exactly what files go in what folders, and what prerequisites are needed and how to install those (as outlined in the OBMM mod description).

Gamer ... just download the top listed download on this page to a folder and extract it to that same folder. You will now have a file named obmm_setup.exe ... just double left mouse click on it and it will run. Providing you installed the game Oblivion before you run obmm_setup.exe it will find your game install and install OBMM exactly where it needs to be installed. It doesn't matter where you download and extract the "obmm 1_1_12 full installer" download to ... if the game Oblivion is installed on that same computer it will find it and take care of installing itself. If you are missing any of the required things like .NET 2.0 it will tell you and offer to download it for you.

@PixeledGuy ... do not hijack GamerSince1992's thread, start your own thread.