Skyrim, Should i buy it on release?

fallout3k

Ok i play Fallout and i have only played 10 mins of Oblivion(game where you are in a jail) and ive Played Fable 2 and loved it so i was wondering whats the comparsison to fallout?

1.How big is the map compared to F3, NV?

2.What is the "Pip-Boy" of the game?

3.What are the Wight ect

4.Is town ect got a fast travel idea?

5.Companions?

6.Will there be dlc?

guys above me pretty much nailed it..... ive played fable 2 great game... and was severely dissapointed with fable 3 like pretty much everyone else. now u have to realize skyrim is going to be a much more serious game than fable 2, and more graphic as well but for me there is no comparison. the depth of storylines, character and city detail through everything make this series amazing. if you are not a diehard and have other games taking up your time then sure dont feel the NEED to buy it release, but definitely check it out at some point i doubt you will be dissapointed

Q-1.How big is the map compared to F3, NV? ... A: A little bigger but feels much bigger with the mountains adding vertical scale to the map.

Q-2.What is the "Pip-Boy" of the game? ... A: Its a apple i-pod like UI.

Q-3.What are the Wight ect ... A: what?

Q-4.Is town ect got a fast travel idea? ... A: The towns have fast travel like F3 .. you have to have visited them once to use the fast travel.

Q-5.Companions? ... A: Tons of companions .. almost every NPC in the game can become a companion if you friend them.

Q-6.Will there be dlc? .. A: Absolutely

It takes longer than 10 minutes to get through the tutorial - the jail, following the emperor till he is killed then through the sewer. The actual game doesn't start until you exit the sewer and see the World with all of its green trees & grass and blue water & sky. With a picturesque view of the ancient ruin of Vilverin just across the lake. :tongue:

I've never played Oblivion or any other tes, but i pre ordered Skyrim. I love the Fallout games and so i'm thinking Skyrim will make me addicted to it like Fallout3/NV has done it :). Hopefully they will release the sdk with the game, so starting to mod it will be possible with start playing. We will see, but Bethesda has offered me so much fun for such a long time so i'm thinking i can pay back something to them if i preorder it. Oh well, and i could have it for ~35€ at amazon uk, its a bargain thanks to the amazing £/€ change rate :biggrin:

You only played 10 minutes of Oblivion? How is this possible? I'd say if you like Fallout and Fable, then youd like Skyrim but if you barely played Oblivion, I'm not so sure.

My friend brought it over we only played it 10 mins before he had to go.

And question 3 means: Does items have Weight and do you get over-encumbered ?

Also a new question: Do you know/Think there will be a lot of quests like NV compared to 3 or will there be a few long ones?

And is there something like the S.P.E.C.I.A.L and skills area?

Edited by fallout3k

You only played 10 minutes of Oblivion? How is this possible? I'd say if you like Fallout and Fable, then youd like Skyrim but if you barely played Oblivion, I'm not so sure.

My friend brought it over we only played it 10 mins before he had to go.

And question 3 means: Does items have Weight and do you get over-encumbered ?

Also a new question: Do you know/Think there will be a lot of quests like NV compared to 3 or will there be a few long ones?

And is there something like the S.P.E.C.I.A.L and skills area?

It does not use the SPECIAL system, but it will have skill perks and is taking a few lessons from the recent fallout games.

Will it have quests? Will it have quests?! This is The Elder Scrolls, it will have quests like attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. In other words, it will have quests like you wouldn't believe. :thumbsup:

I don't know if it's been confirmed, but weight and over-encumbrance are a standard gameplay element in the genre, you can count on it.

Edited by xaliqen