Why is Paladin Danse cool chilling with X6 and Strong?

JackTrenton

And vice versa? And with Nick and Hancock as well? I keep my companions at the gas station and they all seem to get along except for a few snide comments when I swap them out.

Danse is all in on the Brotherhood genocide of synths, ghouls and Super Mutants. Yet Nick is an obvious synthetic, X6 makes no qualms about his support for the Institute, and Strong is a mutant. And why can Strong walk around the prydwen with no problems?

They should be at each others throats and on mine for tolerating their presence in my inner circle. It really calls my faction loyalty into question.

I like how they made companions interact when you switch, but they needed to have more dialogue amongst one another and with the player about each other., maybe even with consequences for associating with the others, quests to make them get along, or disputes where you have to pick a side and deal with affinity. Everyone chilling at Red rocket doesn't seem realistic

I think it's due to some sort of Teeth-Clenched Teamwork - since they're all friends with the Sole Survivor, they at least tolerate each other.

As for the Prydwen thing, the Brotherhood knows better than to piss off one of their own by attacking that person's friends. And if you pay attention, a -lot- of the crew will voice their "opinions" on Nick and Strong if you get close enough to trigger the lines.

Well BOS and Super Mutants are like the mortal of mortal enemies. 99% of Mutants will bash your skull in with a nailboard before talking and they eat people, so I assume 100% of civilians and BOS soldiers are conditioned to shoot on sight. And having synths on board could give the Institute a direct link to the prydwen. So clearly some explanation is needed to give Maxson.

Ever hear the phrase 'introductions are in order?'. Picture everyone chilling at the gas station, and I come strolling up with Strong for the first time. The companions should raise their guns or something and make me talk them down (and keep Strong from bashing their skulls in). I stroll up with X6 and it should be the same. I mean you are walking up to them with an Institute one-man army/killing machine. You should have to explain it - "No Danse, this doesn't mean I'm betraying the Brotherhood. No Piper, this doesn't mean I'm trying to kidnap people (your sister) in Diamond City. No Nick, this doesn't mean I'm helping the SRB bring you back. I just thought having a killing machine on our side would help the cause. He won't slash your throat in your sleep... probably"

Oh, I'm with you all the way on that, man. I have a mod that lets me send companions to Home Plate, so that's inevitably where they all end up. It'd be friggin' awesome if bringing a new face in had a little meet-and-greet or something - I just kinda assumed it happened when I left because Bethesda is too lazy to code that sort of stuff.

Well BOS and Super Mutants are like the mortal of mortal enemies.

Super mutants joined up with the Brotherhood of Steel in the Midwest back in 2197. The truce was based on having a common enemy and the Brotherhood of Steel actually allowing the super mutant's to continue research into a cure for super mutant sterility.

Strong on the other hand, isn't exactly like 'The Mater's' super mutants... I don't think he has enough brains in his head to actually make an informed decision about anything. He just wants to cause pain, destroy things, and be strong...

X6 being on the Prydwen is the only one I actually see a big issue, or even worse, bringing him to the Railroad... That's just wrong.

Strong is stupid and really has no allies, and Nick it totally harmless to either group...

I am playing as a woman and I have 3 companions - Cait, Curie and Piper. All 3 seem pretty cool with the others telling me they love me. I don't think a 4 way lesbian relationship would work out quite like that in real life ? :huh: